24 Assisted Living Facilities near Keizer, OR
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Keizer area, with 4 in Keizer and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Keizer is $3,743 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Salem with an average starting cost of $3,575.
To help you with your search, browse the 131 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Keizer. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Keizer 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mcminnville with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Keizer, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Keizer, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Keizer
Keizer, Oregon, is home to the 45th Parallel Monument, which marks the latitude line that puts Keizer halfway between the equator and the north pole. Seniors can visit local attractions, shop in the nearby city of Salem, and choose from four Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits, and 31 in the surrounding area. ALFs are provide dignified care and supervision to elderly residents, in addition to services such as medication management and social activities. These licensing and regulation of these facilities is governed by the State of Oregon Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Keizer
- Seniors and their loved ones can feel safe and secure due to the low crime rates. Violent crime in Keizer is rated at 14 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is quite a bit lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is at 34.8, which is also lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Keizer has a cost of living rate that is 10.8 percent higher than the national average. Seniors may have slight difficulty building their savings living here.
- Seniors who are active and enjoy the outdoor activities may enjoy living in Keizer due to the mild climate. With pleasant summers that average a high temperature of 82 degrees, seniors can enjoy outdoor activities with ease. Winters only have an annual snowfall of four inches, and the average low is 35 degrees, so seniors with limited mobility can be active most of the year.
- Keizer has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Salem Health, located in Salem.
- Seniors seeking transportation for shopping, dining or doctor’s appointments can use the Cherriots public transportation, with routes throughout the Salem-Keizer area. Seniors receive a discount for this service.
- Seniors can visit the Keizer Heritage Community Center, a 1916 Craftsmanship style house known as “Old Keizer School.” Seniors can also visit the historic Spongs Landing Park where a steamboat and ferry used to operate. Now it features great swimming, and walking trails for seniors who like to enjoy nature.
Paying for Assisted Living in Keizer
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Keizer start around $3,743 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Keizer and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Keizer
Seniors on a budget can get help paying for assisted living services through Medicaid under Oregon’s Community First Choice (CFC) plan, or K Plan. In Oregon, there are no non-Medicaid programs available to cover assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Keizer
Keizer and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Keizer, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Keizer
Keizer-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Keizer
Review of Bonaventure at Keizer Station
We went to Bonaventure at Keizer Station. It's clean, but I don't think my mother got the proper care, and the food was crappy. She kept falling there, she was there like 6 hours before anybody fou... Read more
Review of The Village at Keizer Ridge
The Village at Keizer Ridge is a safe place. We have another relative that is living there, so we have visited there before. They're friendly and professional. Besides assisted living, they have me... Read more
Review of The Village at Keizer Ridge
My mother-in-law is in The Village at Keizer Ridge. It's not bad, it's hard to tell, it would be nice if they could get her out a little bit more. She stays in her room most of the time. The care w... Read more