7 Assisted Living Facilities in Mcminnville, OR
Also serving communities of Sheridan.
The average cost of assisted living in Mcminnville is $3,797 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,465. Cheaper nearby regions include Woodburn with an average starting cost of $2,822.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mcminnville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mcminnville 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mcminnville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Mcminnville, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in McMinnville
McMinnville, a small city located along the Columbia River in northwest Oregon is a wine-lovers retirement haven with over 220 wineries that are sure to please even the most discerning connoisseurs. The city's senior community makes up over 14% of its total population. Seniors who need assistance with daily activities may find it at one of the seven assisted living facilities located in McMinnville. The Oregon Department of Human Services licenses these facilities, which are sometimes called Residential Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in McMinnville
- Social Security benefits are not taxed in Oregon, which might make assisted living more affordable for McMinnville seniors.
- McMinnville’s cost of living is high at 121.6, compared to the U.S. average of 100. The main contributor to the higher cost of living is housing at 160.4, which could indirectly increase assisted living costs for area seniors.
- Seniors can venture out into the city with peace of mind. McMinnville has a violent crime rating of 13, almost half of the U.S. average of 22.7. The city’s property crime rate is 40.2, slightly higher than the national average of 35.4, so seniors may want to ensure that prospective facilities have state-of-the-art security systems.
- Seniors with respiratory issues may prefer to seek out assisted living in other cities within Oregon. On a 100-point scale where 100 represents the best possible air quality, McMinnville has a rating of 49, about 9 points lower than the U.S. average of 58.
- The McMinnville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Willamette Valley Medical Center and Oregon Whole Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who prefer comfortable temperatures may enjoy living in McMinnville where summer highs reach 82 degrees and winter lows only drop to 35. Although the city gets 43 inches of rain annually, the area only gets 3 inches of snowfall per year. Despite these comfortable temperatures, this city only gets 154 sunny days each year, 51 days less than the national average of 205, so seniors may want to ensure that prospective facilities have plenty of indoor activities for residents.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in McMinnville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Mcminnville start around $3,752 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mcminnville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in McMinnville
Seniors in McMinnville may be able to get assistance with their assisted living expenses through Oregon’s Community First Choice state plan option’s K Plan. Successful applicants must be residents of Oregon and meet certain financial requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in McMinnville
McMinnville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in McMinnville, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in McMinnville
McMinnville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mcminnville, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mcminnville
Review of Hillside
My mother moved in last month at Hillside, and she's there for assisted living. So far it has been working out really well. I like the place a lot. It's clean, the employees seem to be really knowl... Read more
Review of Vineyard Heights Assisted Living
Vineyard Heights Assisted Living is a very good fit for my mother. The food is great. We just had a little bit of difficulty with the care and socializing at first, but now that she's getting acqua... Read more
Review of Vineyard Heights Assisted Living
I visited Vineyard Heights, and it's very classy, and beautiful. The rooms are really nice, open, and the entryway is very welcoming. The people are very friendly, and I've known them for a while. ... Read more