9 Assisted Living Facilities near Forest Grove, OR
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Forest Grove area, with 6 in Forest Grove and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Forest Grove is $2,887 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 64 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Forest Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Forest Grove 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Scappoose with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Forest Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Forest Grove, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Forest Grove
Forest Grove is aptly named, as it's the home of one of the largest sequoia trees in the state of Oregon. Seniors can enjoy all that natural beauty from their home base in one of the six assisted living facilities in town, or in one of the additional 10 nearby in communities such as Portland, Beaverton and Hillsboro. At facilities in Forest Grove, seniors receive personal care services, including medication management and help with dressing, grooming and bathing, all within a secure and comfortable residential environment. In Oregon, all assisted living communities and residential care facilities are licensed by the state's Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Forest Grove
- With warm, dry summers and enough rain to keep everything green, Forest Grove experiences a Mediterranean climate that rarely gets overly hot or cold. Expect high temperatures in the high 80s during the summer months and occasional nighttime freezes during January, with lots of cloud cover and rain from fall through spring.
- The TriMet Transit District serves Forest Grove as a suburb of Portland. Buses connect Forest Grove to Hillsboro and Beaverton, with further connections to TriMet's light rail system in Hillsboro. Yamhill County Transit Area buses also serve Forest Grove, connecting it to Hillsboro, Gaston, Cove Orchard and Yamhill. Seniors are eliglble for half-price fares on all TriMet transportation.
- The Forest Grove area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Tuality Forest Grove Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Forest Grove is 25.7 percent higher than the national average, so this community may be out of reach for some seniors on fixed incomes.
- Forest Grove has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Forest Grove Senior and Community Center, an organization that partners with Meals on Wheels to provide seniors with food, and with Ride Connection to offer accessible transportation around the community.
- Pacific University provides many opportunities for arts-loving seniors to enjoy dance, orchestral, choral and theatrical performances, as well as stimulating lectures. In addition, the city of Forest Grove offers classes at Theater in the Grove, live music under the stars, and unique artwork every year at the Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival.
Paying for Assisted Living in Forest Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Forest Grove start around $2,887 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Forest Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Forest Grove
As part of its state Medicaid program, Oregon offers the Community First Choice option, sometimes also known as the 1915(k) option, the K Plan, or the K Option. This benefit may provide eligible low-income seniors with financial assistance to help them pay their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Forest Grove
Forest Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Forest Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Forest Grove
Forest Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Forest Grove, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Forest Grove
Review of Forest Grove Beehive
I toured Forest Grove Beehive Assisted Living for my dad. It was good, and they were helpful. It's smaller, but it looks it looks very clean. I like the nice wide hallways, the plants, and the layo... Read more
Review of Brookdale Forest Grove
Brookdale Forest Grove had very nice rooms and lots of space. They seemed to have a very caring staff. It's a beautiful facility. Overall, the staff seemed great. There was just one incident when I... Read more
Review of Brookdale Forest Grove
My husband moved into Brookdale Forest Grove. It is close to where I live. So far, it's been OK. The nice thing about it is when I call, they answer the phone, and then I am forwarded to who I want... Read more