47 Assisted Living Facilities near Beaverton, OR
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Beaverton area, with 8 in Beaverton and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Beaverton is $3,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Portland with an average starting cost of $3,618.
To help you with your search, browse the 272 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Beaverton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Beaverton 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lake Oswego with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Beaverton, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Beaverton, OR
39 Assisted Living Facilities near Beaverton, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beaverton
Beaverton, Oregon, a suburb of Portland, is an economic center in the region. It is perhaps best known as the corporate headquarters of Nike. Beaverton has also been named by Money magazine as one of the top 100 places to live among smaller cities in the United States. Area seniors will find 61 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in and around Beaverton. This type of facility is regulated by the Oregon Department of Human Services and are defined by the State of Oregon as those housing six or more seniors in self-contained units.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beaverton
- Beaverton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Beaverton Office of Senior Information and Support, an agency that offers a variety of services for residents age 55 and older, as well as three senior centers.
- The cost of living in Beaverton, and in Oregon in general, is significantly higher than in other parts of the United States. Healthcare, groceries and utilities are especially expensive in this area, driving overall cost of living in Beaverton to 32 percent higher than the national average. This could make living on a fixed income a challenge for seniors.
- Beaverton's climate is categorized as temperate, with warm, but not hot summers and cool, but not cold, winters. The average high temperature in Beaverton in January is 49 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average high temperature in July is 81 degrees, making it an enjoyable place for seniors to live.
- The crime rate in Beaverton is dramatically improving. In fact, the overall crime rate has decreased by 50 percent in recent years, making it safer than 68 percent of cities in the United States.
- US 26 bisects Beaverton and connects the city to Portland, making it easy for seniors to travel to medical appointments, entertainment and shopping in the bigger city. For public transportation, Tri-Met provides scheduled bus service around Beaverton and between Beaverton and Portland. Seniors 65 and older ride for half fare.
- The Beaverton, Oregon, area is home to world-class medical facilities including Providence Medical Group Beaverton, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beaverton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Beaverton start around $3,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beaverton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beaverton
Eligible Beaverton, Oregon residents can choose from a variety of state and federal programs to help with the cost of an ALF, including the Community First Choice Plan (Oregon K Plan), and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beaverton
Beaverton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beaverton, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beaverton
Beaverton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Beaverton, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beaverton
Review of Edgewood Point Assisted Living
My wife is now in Edgewood Point Assisted Living, and it's quite satisfactory. The food is good, and the care is good. It's not exceptional, but it's quite satisfactory. They have two people per ro... Read more
Review of Canfield Place
Canfield Place's staff is great. I love the feel of the place. It's not too big or too small. They really bend over backwards to make sure there's a lot of social things for people to do there like... Read more
Review of Edgewood Point Assisted Living
Edgewood Point had very personable directors that showed an interest in the people coming in and what their desires were, what their passions were, and what their wants were. It's something that in... Read more