56 Assisted Living Facilities near Tigard, OR
There are 56 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tigard area, with 4 in Tigard and 52 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tigard is $5,160 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Tualatin with an average starting cost of $3,668.
To help you with your search, browse the 301 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tigard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tigard 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tualatin with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tigard, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tigard, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tigard
Tigard, a suburb of Portland, was originally founded by the Tigard family in the 1850s, booming into a city in its own right in the 1910s when electricity, including the Oregon Electric Railway, came to the town. Seniors living in Tigard have five assisted living facilities to choose from, with another 45 located in nearby cities including Portland, Beaverton and Tuallitin. These assisted living communities all provide room and board in addition to personal care services that include medication management and help with the activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing and eating. All assisted living facilities in Oregon are licensed by the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tigard
- Tigard's public transportation is provided by the TriMet Transit Agency, which is centered in Portland. Buses run throughout Tigard and surrounding areas, and the Westside Express Service rail service connects Tigard to Beaverton and Wilsonville, and all services offer discounts for seniors.
- Tigard has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Tigard Senior Center, an organization that offers social events, English lessons and Meals on Wheels.
- Tigard experiences a significant amount of rain through fall, winter and spring, though summertime is typically dry and pleasant. While winters can bring freezing rain and snow from time to time, both are relatively rare, so seniors don't have to worry about shoveling snow.
- The cost of living in Tigard is 39.3 percent higher than the national average cost of living, making it tough choice for seniors on a fixed budget.
- The Tigard area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Oregon Health and Science University Hospital, Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, and Providence Portland Medical Center, all of which are located in nearby Portland, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tigard's own Broadway Rose Theatre Company presents a full season of Broadway musicals each year, and the Mask & Mirror Community Theater allows everyone in town to join the theatrical fun. Seniors who enjoy arts shows can visit annual events including Art in the Burbs, the Celebrate the Gifts Art Festival, and the Explore Downtown Tigard Art Walk.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tigard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Tigard start around $5,160 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tigard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tigard
Oregon is one of five states to offer a 1915(k) option, also known as a K Plan, K Option, or, in Oregon, the Community First Choice plan. This benefit, offered through Medicaid, helps eligible low-income seasons to pay for their assisted living and other care costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tigard
Tigard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tigard, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tigard
Tigard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tigard, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tigard
Review of Bonaventure of Tigard
My mom is a resident of Bonaventure of Tigard. There are certain precautions because of COVID, but we have been pretty happy with them. She is on the first floor in a one-bedroom. We had just moved... Read more
Review of Bonaventure of Tigard
My mom lived in Bonaventure of Tigard for over 1-1/2 years. She started in independent living, but we had to quickly move her into memory care. I did form friendships with some of the upper level... Read more
Review of Elite Care at Fanno Creek
I visited Elite Care at Fanno Creek. The care seemed nice and the people were very pleasant. The staff members seemed nice. They showed us a pleasant, adequate one-bedroom apartment with a bath. It... Read more