Lone Oak Assisted Living

Reviews of Lone Oak Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Lone Oak Assisted Living

February 29, 2016

By Teresa120616350

My mom is at Lone Oak Assisted Living. It is a very nice assisted living. They do have some issues with their food but it is hard to please a lot of older people. The staff is really good. I went to a couple of ice cream socials. They also had some of the Oregon football games on and they had some activities with that. My mom does some activities with them, which are nice. I know my mom took a bus out with a group of people from the assisted living. They also have wine making there. My mom has the smallest apartment, but it is sufficient. It is more like a studio with her own bathroom and a kitchenette. Her apartment is more of a smaller level, but they have some bigger ones that would give you more space than what she has. However, for some reason, they have a hard time keeping their nurse. My mom has only been there for seven months, and it seemed like most of the time, they did not have a nurse on staff, so that was kind of an issue.

November 04, 2015

By Roy19

I had a good experience with Lone Oak. The rooms they showed us were clean.

September 18, 2015

Lone Oak Assisted Living Facility was my favorite; I liked the location of it. I thought it would be more convenient for my parents. It had good food; the staff was very engaging and very knowledgeable. They had all sorts of clubs, like sewing clubs and knitting clubs. They have a theater, and you bring your own DVD to watch a movie. It offered rides to doctor’s appointments. It’s just like a community-type of thing.

June 20, 2015

By Dan39

Lone Oak was fantastic. There was nothing wrong with the rooms. The food was fantastic, and the dining room was like a restaurant. They had all kinds of activities. It was superior. The rooms that we saw had very pleasant colors.

February 27, 2015

Lone Oak is older, and it kind of has that eerie feeling of a memory community. It was a little more depressing. There were more people out in wheelchairs just sitting around. It felt more like a memory care facility and not an assisted living facility. The cleanliness seems OK. They put down the new carpet. I think they were in the process of refurbishing part of it. It's in the midst of getting remodeled and freshened up. I wasn't there for very long. I just kind of walked in and visited the room that they have. It's at the very end of a very long hall, and it would have been a big walk for my mom back and forth to her room. The room sizes were adequate. They all have nice rooms.

May 12, 2014

By Caring84195450

I know that Lone Oak Assisted Living is a good facility. I like their caring staff. They are very warm, welcoming, and are very attentive towards the residents and the family. They have good size rooms. They vary from studios to one-bedroom apartments. My client is in a studio apartment. The food is decent. Some are not the best, but there are some that are very good. They have a spacious dining room that has plenty of seats for all the residents, and they can choose where they want to seat. They have all sorts of things from shopping, bingo, exercise classes, and things like that.

Questions about Lone Oak Assisted Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Lone Oak Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Lone Oak Assisted Living serves a wide range of ages with an age minimum of 62. Average age for our residents is mid-80s. The wide range of ages allows the residents at Lone Oak to always find something to talk about, whether it be a life experience, a fond memory or something their grand kids taught them during their last visit.

What programs or activities does Lone Oak Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Lone Oak Assisted Living we believe in staying active well into our latter years, whether it be mentally, physically or both. Our activities calendar does not disappoint! For in-house activities, these include: games, arts & crafts, cooking classes, exercise classes, gardening club, walking club, ice cream socials, fundraisers, events and more. For out-of-community activities, these include: shopping trips, trips to the coast, visiting local farms and festivals, museums, scenic road trips, casinos, and much much more!

What places are near Lone Oak Assisted Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Right around the corner from Lone Oak is the Fred Meyer shopping center and the Santa Clara shopping center. Both sides of Division Avenue offer many varieties of shops that will fulfill your every need. Groceries, clothing, salon, nails, food, mail, furniture, etc.

What transportation services does Lone Oak Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

Residents are allowed to have their own vehicles if they so choose. Transportation to scheduled activities outside of the community are provided as a part of your room and board. Transportation to medical appointments is also provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays as a part of your room and board. And other personal errands they have to do or appointments they need to get to are the responsibility of the resident or their families. Many of our residents utilize Ridesource, which is a local transportation service through the city.

What makes the chef or dining program at Lone Oak Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our many spans across many different cultural boundaries and our kitchen staff looks forward to the day each month that we set up a mouth-watering themed buffet for our residents. This also includes many special events for our residents throughout the year which offer up specialized menus. Whether it be Beef Wellington and Grilled Salmon for our Resident Appreciation dinner or Prime Rib for Christmas, our kitchen knows how to serve up a treat.

What safety features or security measures does Lone Oak Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

All doors to the community are locked to anyone trying to come in from the outside except for the front door and back door. If a person leaves any of these doors, it will lock behind them and they must come back through the front or back doors. The front and back doors are also locked when the last manager leaves for the day at 6 pm. There is a button at the front door, kind of like a door bell, that will alert staff that someone is at the front door after 6 pm. Our residents are also given pendants that they can where around their neck when they move in. When pressed, these pendants will alert our staff that the resident needs assistance. They are also GPS located, so no matter where the resident is in the building or outside on our property, we will know exactly where they are when the pendant is pressed and they need assistance. This is extremely helpful in emergency situations.

How does Lone Oak Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

There are many ways that we keep our Lone Oak families notified about their loved ones. From mailings and newsletters to our very own Facebook profile, these are just some of the ways that we keep people up to date. We even now have a texting system so that we can text everyone all at once to let people know of important announcements.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Lone Oak Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

During the day hours we have 4 caregivers (1 for each hall) and 2 medication technicians (1 for each floor). In the evening the same ratio. And for overnight we have 1 caregiver and 1 medication technician since most people are sleeping. But it's safe to say that we have staff 24/7, there is always someone here to help.

If Lone Oak Assisted Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet-friendly community, but only one pet per apartment. Animals are allowed to pretty much go wherever they want within the community except the dining room. Animals are not allowed near where we eat. Animals must be on leash or in a cage if they are out in the community. They are free to roam the grounds outside as well. Residents or their families are expected to "pick up" after their animals have been outside.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Throughout the year all of our staff receive in-service training.

Costs for Lone Oak Assisted Living

Photos of Lone Oak Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Lone Oak Assisted Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost: $2500

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 70M242

About Lone Oak Assisted Living

At Lone Oak, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Eugene area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul.

Assisted Living is truly authentic at Lone Oak. We believe that Assisted Living is to be delivered in a dignified manner where privacy and choice are celebrated and practiced. Care delivery is done in your apartment home and may include personal hygiene, assistance with medication management, dressing, reminders and other care needs or preferences. Our Life Enrichment coordinator will create opportunities for personal enjoyment but will also encourage your abilities and interests to thrive. Our Chef will create an atmosphere that allows culinary arts to be enjoyed in a true restaurant setting with fabulous menus with daily specials and our local every day menus, in a variety of venues. Assisted Living at Lone Oak is done your way.

Our services are created to meet your needs:

• Medication assistance and management
  • Regular assessment and service planning
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-image enhancements
  • Mobility, Escorts and reminders
  • Dining and Social or activities assistance
  • Care coordination and other health care management assistance
  • Many communities offer care for special budget concerns including state-assistance programs for assisted living
  • And much, much more

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.

Map of Lone Oak Assisted Living