Evergreen Senior Living Eugene, OR

Reviews of Evergreen Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Evergreen Senior Living

August 25, 2015

By Love my Family!

I am a family member of resident. I visit at least 3-4 weekly and eat at least once a week. This facility has gone downhill for the past year and even more so in the past 5 months. The food has gone from bad to awful. Sometimes they will serve 2-3 carbs in one meal with no protein. Rice is a staple here. What little meat they serve is most often dried out, vegetables are either so hard you are unable to chew them or so overcooked they taste like mush. It can take up to an hour to wait for your meal to be served. Emergency pull cords are not used for emergencies. They tell residents to pull cord if they need anything, garbage taken out, window opened, bed maid etc. Many of the housekeeping items should be done on a daily basis but are not. Staff is overworked and is very hard to keep good staff that knows much about assisting our elderly. Front desk person is very unprofessional! I would love to move family to another facility but is used to it and doesn't want the stress of moving. Sadly I could go on and on. They do have a few caring and good workers but I would never recommend this place! They can and should do a better job. Our elderly deserve better than this.

August 13, 2015

We went to Brookdale, and they were very nice and accommodating. I thought it was clean although it wasn’t as up to date with some of the others that we visited.

June 19, 2015

By Dan39

Most of the staff is fine at Brookdale Eugene Alpine Springs. My relative has a one-bedroom, and it is nice. The dining room setup was OK. They have movie nights and card games. One thing they can improve on is their food.

May 14, 2015

Our visit with Brookdale Eugene Alpine Court was good. The staff was good and straightforward.

February 27, 2015

It is nice and fairly new. It seems well kept and well run. They are older and used. I've heard a lot of good things about Alpine Springs. They are all kind of crowding the same price range. It was a quick walkthrough, and she showed me the rooms that they have. It seems nice and well kept.

January 12, 2015

By Charles101055650

I and my wife lived here in Emeritus at Alpine for six months. We went in the assisted living side. It was for my wife, and I was just staying with her. The rooms were beautiful. We had a one-bedroom apartment. It was a beautiful apartment. There is nothing bad to say about it at all. I have no problems, and I am very active, but the environment is setup more for people who are very disabled both mentally and physically. I just wasn't comfortable. When my wife's condition improved somewhat, we decided to move back on our own. Also, the pricing is just too expensive for us. They got problems with the staff. I guess they were understaffed. We were supposed to get certain housekeeping services done on a regular basis. One week we might get the beds made another week we wouldn't. It was a hit and miss thing. The food was OK, but the service was lousy. I think they need much better and a much tighter supervision of their staff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

November 24, 2014

We were in Emeritus at Alpine Springs, and I thought they had beautiful facilities for people who are mobile. They have their own private little duplexes plus the fact that they have assisted living within the main building itself. Also, they are contracted with Medicaid so that should something happen and the person who paying should run out of funds, then Medicaid would immediately step in, and they would not be forced to move. They just have a beautiful lobby and great, caring people. They allowed pets there and very home like. It was one of the places that my client was looking up before she decided on the other facility. They have a full memory care unit just across the parkway from the assisted living they have, and that is a whole unit memory; it’s very clean and very well run. They have assisted living there once they get out of rehab, and that’s all within the campus. I was extremely impressed with that.

June 26, 2014

Mom has a studio apartment at Emeritus. They have scheduled activities. They have a bus, and they take them shopping and wherever else. The staff seemed to be taking good care of my mom. When we first got there, there was a little bit of problem with getting her medication regulated and getting it to her on time. But we got that taken care of.

June 25, 2014

By Gloria23

The staff at Emeritus At Alpine Springs was very nice. They showed me all around and answered all my questions. It was a beautiful community; however, the price range was pretty high for me. They showed me a very large room that they had just finished redoing. It was breathtakingly beautiful. There were windows all the way around, and it was really nice, but it was also very expensive. Also, it looked like they had a really nice dining area. What I liked best about Emeritus At Alpine Springs was that everything was nice, clean, and beautiful. People were nice, too. I also like the idea that you can go in as independent and then if you need more help, you don't have to move to another place, you could move into their assisted living. Of course the cost would go up, depending on how much assistance you need. I would rate it a 5. It doesn't necessarily seem that it would completely suit my needs, but as far as everything I saw, it was just wonderful.

December 27, 2013

By Barbara68575550

I wasn't very pleased with Emeritus. The first time I went to check it out, I called because I got stuck in the doctor's office and they said: "We don't even have you in the schedule". When I got an appointment to go back, there was no one in the front desk when I walked in. I sat there waiting as people come and go. I heard laughter and people chatting from behind the door of the front desk area. I just had a bad experience with the personnel who not seemed to care and I thought they were not particularly interested if they let someone sit there. I could have been anybody sitting there and even for the gal to say: "Gee, are you waiting for someone?" But just the fact that they didn't even acknowledge, she looked right at me when she was talking on phone and then she hanged up and turned her back at me. It was very rude. I almost didn't even wait for the one who came and gave me the tour because I was already in a negative frame of mind just for that. When the manager showed me through, I really wasn't impressed with it. I was sure a lot of it got to do with the fact that though it was an assisted living, anyone could walk out of that place. In their dining room, the tables were very close together. There's no room to maneuver the walkers. She showed me the room and it was a nice little room with a bed, but in assisted living, there was no kitchenette or anything like that. It had just mainly a bathroom with enough room for your bed and a dressed and a chair. However, they were very nice and had really nice safety bathroom. They had the higher toilets instead of the really low ones and grab bars everywhere. They had an inch step in or slanted down by the shower. Next to the toilet, they had a pull cord if you needed it. They had a big bulletin board with a large print of the whole month's activities. My first impression of Emeritus was cold and distant. There were no flowers, no color. I was really disappointed and I know it used to something else before Emeritus took over. May be they were just getting their act together.

Independent Living Reviews for Evergreen Senior Living

Costs for Evergreen Senior Living

Photos of Evergreen Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Evergreen Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: $2000 Community Fee/$400 2nd Occupancy Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Detached Homes

• Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• Pets: Yes

About Evergreen Senior Living

Many independent seniors may decide to join us at Evergreen Senior Living because they want to enjoy the benefits of living in a social community. You’ll enjoy the opportunities of a social environment while staying independent of care as long as you like or are able. If or when you might need some assistance, you have a support system and care team at the ready that already know you, your preferences, and your personality—and you know them!

Although regulations vary from state to state, assisted living provides a wide array of services designed to keep an elder as independent as possible, for as long as possible. In most cases, assisted living helps seniors stay more active, social, and engaged in life than they otherwise would be living alone. Not to mention the added security of 24-hour staff, assistance with medications, and communication between healthcare providers.

Evergreen Senior Living is a place of vibrancy and life-promoting meaning and joy in the lives of residents, families, and our team members. Elders inspire us, motivate us, guide, and direct us. As we work to create an empowering, caring, growing culture for elders, we are also creating our own future. After all, we are all elders-in-waiting!

Map of Evergreen Senior Living