Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence

Reviews of Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence

February 16, 2012

By kalamop

My mother Phyllis became a resident around 5 years ago after my father died. On the outside it appears to be very nice with groomed grounds and green grass. As you enter the lobby, it also gives the impression of a pleasant, professional facility. There are large fish tanks, house plants and pleasant music. But over the course of time, I have become disturbed with the care my mother has received there. The meals we got on a Sunday was terrific the first time. However, after my mother became a resident, the meals were skimpy and very institutional. Service was extremely slow, and each meal took around a hour and a half to complete. They could not keep hired a cook or servers because they were paid minimum wage. So my mother was spending half her life in the cafeteria each day. As a positive, they did have some activities such as bingo, which she enjoyed. Before they cut from the budget, they would have a bus available to go to the Indian casino once a month. They have a outside hairdresser come in once a week also. The caregivers were also around 18-20 with little work experience. One person dropped my mother helping her into the shower. She broke her toe, but the caregiver claimed my mother slipped when she talked with a supervisor. But the absolute thing that happened there was my mother had a major stroke while a resident. I live in another town, she called me that night and said she had fallen. Her speech was slurred, and I implored her to go to the hospital to be checked out. She said she was fine. I called back in 24 hours or so to check on her. The office said she had been taken to the hospital. When I called the hospital they told me she had had a stroke. I was so angry. The facility should have seen the symptoms and taken her to the hospital immediately, instead of waiting. I also felt guilty I had not driven over there and taken her myself. She is still living at that facility because this is where her friends are. I still find the care there going down in quality all the time. Outside of a conscientious care worker or two, I despise going there to visit here.

About Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence

Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence is a senior living provider in Springfield, Oregon that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence for more details on services and rates.

Map of Spring Valley Assisted Living Residence