5 Assisted Living Facilities in Klamath Falls, OR
The average cost of assisted living in Klamath Falls is $3,552 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Klamath Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Klamath Falls 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Klamath Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Klamath Falls, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Klamath Falls
Nestled on the shores of Upper Klamath Lake in the Cascade Mountains, the town of Klamath Falls, Oregon, offers a mix of cultural attractions and natural beauty. The town is home to a little over 21,000 residents, nearly 15 percent of whom are age 65 or older. Seniors have six assisted living facilities to choose from in this picturesque town.
Assisted living facilities in Klamath Falls, like those in the rest of Oregon, are considered a community-based care setting and are regulated by the Department of Human Services, which ensures that they follow the Oregon Administrative Rules. These set out certain requirements, such as developing individual service plans and meeting safety standards to ensure residents are cared for properly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls is known as the "City of Sunshine" because of the nearly 300 sunny days it sees each year. It receives about 63 inches of snow annually, which may make it difficult for seniors to enjoy the outdoors during the winter. Summers are cool and mild with typical highs in the mid-80s.
- Despite its resort-like location, the cost of living in Klamath Falls is low. Utilities, health and transportation expenses are all fairly affordable. However, grocery costs are about eight points higher than the national average, which may be difficult for seniors on a fixed budget.
- Klamath Falls is served by Basin Transit Services, which provides bus routes throughout the city and neighboring communities. People age 65 and older qualify for discounted fares. Seniors also may use the Basin Lift service, which provides door-to-door transportation for any purpose, including entertainment and personal errands.
- The crime rate in Klamath Falls is moderately high, which may make some seniors feel uncomfortable in the community. The total crime rate is about 9 percent higher than the Oregon average and 30 percent higher than the U.S. average.
- The Klamath Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sky Lakes Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Klamath Falls do not have to pay taxes on their Social Security income, but other retirement income is taxed. Withdrawals from retirement funds are fully taxed, and pensions are partially taxed. Oregon does not have a sales tax.
Paying for Assisted Living in Klamath Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Klamath Falls start around $3,552 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Klamath Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Klamath Falls
Oregon offers eligible seniors help paying for some assisted living care through the Medicaid K Plan, which covers some services in community-based care settings.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Klamath Falls
Klamath Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Klamath Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Klamath Falls
Klamath Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Klamath Falls
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Klamath Falls
My mom just moved into Pacifica. It has been a great experience, from help getting thru the process with Marks help, to care coordination by Lacey, to nursing, and all the wonderful people assisti... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Klamath Falls
Mark is a very friendly man who really enjoys his work, and is always checking in on any possible new residents before they move in. He always makes everyone feel welcome at Pacifica whether you ar... Read more
Review of Ashley Manor - Homedale
Lovely place with personable staff. Very family oriented. Was glad they were able to help with my mom and being a great resource. Read more