143 Assisted Living Facilities near Mission Hills, CA
Also serving communities of Solvang.
There are 143 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mission Hills area, with 2 in Mission Hills and 141 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mission Hills is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 429 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mission Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mission Hills 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Goleta with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mission Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mission Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mission Hills
Mission Hills is a residential suburb of Burbank, located in the vast and sprawling San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles. Around 25,000 people live in this part of the Valley, just under 19 percent of them seniors age 65 and over. Valley communities are fully integrated with each other, which is how this medium-sized town can boast of having 135 assisted living facilities in and around its city limits.
These facilities, like all residential care communities in the state, are licensed and inspected through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mission Hills
- The weather in Mission Hills is typical of the San Fernando Valley. Dry, sometimes hot summers average up to 88 degrees during the day, while shorter, more mild winters average about 41 degrees overnight. The Valley is shielded from ocean weather fronts by the mountains, which leaves just 17 inches of rain to fall over Mission Hills a year. The scrub hills south of the Valley often produce pollen and dust that billows over town here, causing some difficulty for seniors with asthma or COPD.
- The cost of living in Mission Hills is just over twice the national average cost of living. The San Fernando Valley has relatively high home values, which skew the cost numbers somewhat. In other categories of expense, such as healthcare, seniors may pay up to 15 percent less than the national average price in Mission Hills.
- Crime rates in Mission Hills are significantly lower than in the average American city of its size. Crime rates across all categories combined are only two-thirds the national rate in Mission Hills, while violent crime rates are lower still.
- Public transportation in Mission Hills is provided by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro). Seniors ride Metro buses and trains at a discount, and the network offers same-day booking for dial-a-ride and disabled van service in all parts of the Valley where Mission Hills is located.
- The Mission Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital Medical Center and UCLA Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mission Hills, as part of Los Angeles, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mission Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Mission Hills start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mission Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mission Hills
Seniors in Mission Hills who meet the low-income threshold set by the federal government for Medicaid recipients may be able to get help paying for assisted living through California's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program. This program is only available in 15 counties in the state, including Los Angeles County.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mission Hills
Mission Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mission Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mission Hills
Mission Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Mission Hills, CA
Other Options in Mission Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mission Hills
Review of JMS Residential Care
Knollwood Home Care is a home with different rooms and caregivers and nurses on staff. My dad loved the menu and the food. They had an outside garden where they could go and sit. They took care of ... Read more
Review of Ararat Home of Los Angeles
My father is pretty comfortable right now at Ararat Home. They are rated as the top in the nation. It's perfect, very clean, very efficient, and very organized. The nurses are consistently the same... Read more
Review of Ararat Home of Los Angeles
Ararat Home was one of the top-rated nursing homes and one of the top facilities in California. That facility had everything, and they were 100% perfect on everything. Name it, they had it. Medical... Read more