179 Assisted Living Facilities near North Hills, CA
There are 179 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Hills area, with 5 in North Hills and 174 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Hills is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Panorama City with an average starting cost of $2,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 430 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Hills 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Hills
North Hills is a residential community set right in the center of Los Angeles' broad San Fernando Valley. Located just north of the major Hollywood studios and ringed by low scrub hills, North Hills is home to 24,700 people, just under 9 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over.
The large urban sprawl around North Hills is home to no fewer than 166 assisted living facilities for seniors who wish to live as independently as their health allows. Like all residential care facilities in the state, North Hills' assisted living communities are licensed and regulated through the the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Hills
- Weather in North Hills is warm and generally dry. Summers see average high temperatures of 88 degrees here, while the mild winters dip to an average of 41 degrees. The North Hills area gets just a little over 17 inches of rain a year, though with irregular droughts. The Santa Ana winds often blow allergens in from the hills, which can cause issues for seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in North Hills more than double the national average. Much of this premium is in the higher-than-average housing cost, however, since other expenses here are closer to the national numbers. Healthcare in North Hills, for example, costs just 85 percent of the national average.
- Crime rates in North hills are about 35 percent below national averages in all categories combined. Most of this is property crime, such as theft, while violent crime rates in North Hills are lower still.
- Public transportation in North Hills is provided by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro). Metro runs several bus routes through the San Fernando Valley, as well as bus and rail services throughout the greater Los Angeles area. North Hills seniors age 62 and over can ride the Metro at a discount, and disabled ride services are available with advance booking.
- The North Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Valley Presbyterian Hospital and Mission Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Los Angeles is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in North Hills start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Hills
North Hills seniors can get help with some or all of the cost of assisted living through the state Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Hills
North Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Hills
North Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near North Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Hills
Review of California State Health Group LLC
I visited this facility 2 months ago. It is very clean the staff is lovely and warm. Everything in the house is brand new and sparkling clean so we went ahead and signed up for my mom. My mother is... Read more