181 Assisted Living Facilities near Granada Hills, CA
Also serving communities of Porter Ranch, Porter Ranch.
There are 181 Assisted Living Facilities in the Granada Hills area, with 10 in Granada Hills and 171 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Granada Hills is $3,540 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Northridge with an average starting cost of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 467 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Granada Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Granada Hills 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Hills with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Granada Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Granada Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Granada Hills
Seniors who choose to live in Granada Hills, a neighborhood in Los Angeles, will have easy access to Downtown Los Angeles as well as the nearest beach. A little over 50,000 people live in Granada Hills, and 14.8 percent are aged 65 or over.
For seniors who are looking to move into assisted living, there are 19 communities to consider in the Granada Hills area. These assisted living communities are licensed in the neighborhood and throughout California as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Granada Hills
- It may give seniors peace of mind to know that Granada Hills is generally a safe community with a crime rate that is below the national average. On a scale of one to 100, property crime in the community is 31.5, and violent crime is 29.8, compared to the U.S. averages of 38.1 and 31.1, respectively.
- For seniors who are ready to soak in the sun, Granada Hills boasts some of the fairest weather in the country, with a comfort index of 89 out of 100, compared to the national average of just 54. The neighborhood gets 286 days of sunshine in a typical year. The average high temperature in July is 91, and the average low temperature in January is 44.
- Local living costs can impact seniors' assisted living budgets. For many seniors, medical care is a top expense. In Granada Hills, seniors can expect to pay about 15 percent less for healthcare, on average, than the U.S. median cost.
- Granada Hills has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Sage Society, an organization that brings seniors together for cultural and intellectual activities, as well as one senior center.
- Los Angeles is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Granada Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Granada Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Granada Hills start around $3,540 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Granada Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Granada Hills
California’s Assisted Living Waiver Program helps qualifying seniors pay for assisted living services. Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may also be able to get financial assistance through California's Optional State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Granada Hills
Granada Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Granada Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Granada Hills
Granada Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Granada Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Granada Hills
Review of Able & Available Home Care
We really liked the smaller number of people at Able & Available Home Care. My mom lives there and it seemed like the nurses are really good. Their meals are all home cooked, and their rooms ar... Read more
Review of Tracy's Boarding Care - Hiawatha
My aunt-in-law is at Tracy's Boarding Care - Hiawatha and it's wonderful. The layout is perfect and it's clean, easy to get to, and all fenced-in. The food is excellent too. The dining area is nice... Read more
Review of Aegis Living Granada Hills
My dad was in Aegis Living Granada Hills which is a great community. It was a small place in Granada Hills and they were great to my dad. The facility is a little bit older and has smaller rooms. T... Read more