184 Assisted Living Facilities near Reseda, CA
There are 184 Assisted Living Facilities in the Reseda area, with 5 in Reseda and 179 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Reseda is $2,900 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 455 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Reseda. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Reseda 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Northridge with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Reseda, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Reseda, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Reseda
Once known as "Marian," Reseda was renamed in the 1920s after a fragrant plant that was commonly found in gardens at the time. Originally a small agricultural town in the San Fernando Valley, Reseda has since grown to become a large suburb of Los Angeles.
Seniors wishing to retire in the area can find three assisted living facilities in Reseda and another 57 in nearby communities, including Northridge, Chatsworth and Tarzana. These facilities are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program. The California Department of Aging (CDA) also administers programs for the elderly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Reseda
- Los Angeles, including Reseda, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
LADOT Transit offers public transportation in the Reseda area, and seniors are eligible for discounted fares. People over 65 years old can also use Cityride, which offers reduced costs taxis and Dial-A-Ride services to seniors in Los Angeles.
- Similar to Los Angeles, Reseda has a warm climate all year-round. The average high in July is 84 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average January low is 47 degrees. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors will appreciate the 284 sunny days per year; almost 80 more than the national average.
- The Reseda area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dignity Health - Northridge Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Reseda, like Los Angeles, has very poor air quality. The American Lung Association lists Los Angeles in the top 10 Most Polluted Cities in three different categories. This can impact the health of seniors with respiratory concerns.
- California has some of the highest sales taxes in the country, which may be a concern for seniors on a fixed income. Additionally, income from retirement accounts and pensions are subject to state income taxes, which are also high compared to other parts of the U.S. However, seniors who receive income from Social Security will not have to pay income tax on that money.
Paying for Assisted Living in Reseda
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Reseda start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Reseda and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Reseda
Seniors in Reseda may be able to receive financial assistance through California's Assisted Living Waiver. Assisted living residents who receive Social Security Income may also be eligible for additional funding from the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Reseda
Reseda and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Reseda, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Reseda
Reseda-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Reseda
Review of Palace Of Joy
I'm in assisted living at PALACE OF JOY. It's good. The rooms are pleasant and the meals are good. I enjoy my company with other residents and they have some good activities also. They have some ga... Read more
Review of Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging-Eisenberg Village
How do they raise $ in the community? Depressing in every way. Old unkempt rooms. Terrible food. Overcharging for the rooms. Minimal socialization opportunities. I regret putting my mother th... Read more
Review of Ambassador Garden
Shabby decor. No consistent activities. Food lousy. Staff swipes your things. Always get a receipt when you pay in cash because the front desk will deny that you paid unless you have proof. R... Read more