164 Assisted Living Facilities near Winnetka, CA
There are 164 Assisted Living Facilities in the Winnetka area, with 3 in Winnetka and 161 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Winnetka is $2,750 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 381 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Winnetka. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Winnetka 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Winnetka, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Winnetka, CA
161 Assisted Living Facilities near Winnetka, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Winnetka
Winnetka is a small residential community on the floor of Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley. The surrounding San Fernando community is home to 24,700 people, only 8 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. The Valley floor area has at least 162 assisted living facilities where seniors can live independently while getting help with the normal activities of daily living (ADLs).
All of Winnetka's assisted living facilities, like similar communities throughout the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Winnetka
- Winnetka's climate, like that of the rest of the Valley, is warm and dry most of the year. Summer highs average 85 degrees in September, while December and January average lows of 44 degrees. This area of Southern California gets 16.5 inches of rain a year, on average, though frequent droughts make rainfall unpredictable in any given year. Summer dust and smog can be an issue for some seniors with respiratory disorders like COPD or asthma.
- The cost of living in Winnetka is an average of 91 percent above the national average in most categories of spending. Healthcare is more affordable than most other expenses here, at up to 7 percent less expensive than the average national cost.
Crime rates are very low in Winnetka. Rates for even relatively minor offenses here are less than half the national average, while violent crime rates are even less common. The neighboring communities, such as Thousand Oaks and Simi Valley, are similarly safe.
- The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) provides transportation to virtually all of the communities in the San Fernando Valley, including Winnetka. The Metro operates eight routes through Winnetka specifically, though most of these are en route to other communities. Seniors age 60 and up ride at a discount with valid ID, as do riders with disabilities. Disabled ride and on-demand service are available, though these usually have to be booked at least a day in advance.
- The Winnetka area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as West Hills Hospital and Medical Center and UCLA Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Los Angeles is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Winnetka
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Winnetka start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Winnetka and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Winnetka
Winnetka, as part of Los Angeles County, is one of only 15 sites in California where seniors on Medicaid can get a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver to cover some of the cost of assisted living or home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Winnetka
Winnetka and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Winnetka, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Winnetka
Winnetka-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Winnetka, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Winnetka
Review of Quartz Garden
My mother was on hospice at Quartz Garden and the caregivers, Art and Marsela were wonderful. Their caring, loving and kind care toward my mom really gave my brother and me peace of mind. I would... Read more
Review of Quartz Garden
Quartz Garden Residential Care is very nice and very clean. My mom has been there for about four months now. They serve good food. The staff is really nice and they take very good care of my mom. T... Read more