217 Assisted Living Facilities near Chatsworth, CA
There are 217 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chatsworth area, with 8 in Chatsworth and 209 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chatsworth is $3,208 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Winnetka with an average starting cost of $2,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 597 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chatsworth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chatsworth 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winnetka with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Chatsworth find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chatsworth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Chatsworth, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chatsworth
Chatsworth is a community within Los Angeles County in the San Fernando Valley. The city is known for its Native American rock art and the famous Iverson Movie Ranch, and it is home to a modestly sized population of just over 30,000. Seniors here can choose from eight assisted living facilities within the city and over 300 in the surrounding areas. These communities are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, which calls them Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly and defines them as facilities that provide room, board and care for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chatsworth
- The cost of living in Chatsworth is 90.8 percent above the U.S. average, predominantly due to the high costs of housing and transportation. Grocery costs are comparable to national medians and healthcare is slightly below average, which may benefit seniors on a budget.
- Seniors can find plenty of things to do within Chatsworth, such as the Chief Vann House Historic Site, Carters Lake Marina and Resort and the Chatsworth Train Depot. The nearby Robert M. Wilkinson Multipurpose Senior Center also offers social and recreational activities.
- Chatsworth has a warm Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers reaching highs of 92 degrees Fahrenheit in July and cool winters with lows of 45 degrees. Most years have no snowfall, and rainfall is below the national average at 18 inches. This moderate weather could be beneficial for active seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- Chatsworth is a safe area for seniors to live. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high crime, the rates for violent and property crime are 32.4 and 36.2, respectively.
- Seniors who don’t drive can take advantage of the Orange line bus, which offers discounts for seniors over the age of 62. The San Fernando Valley Interfaith Council along with the Robert M. Wilkinson Multipurpose Senior Center offer transportation services to seniors 60 and over who cannot take public transit.
- While California exempts Social Security benefits from taxation, the state does tax all income from retirement accounts and pensions, which may make it difficult for seniors who are looking to maximize their retirement income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chatsworth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Chatsworth start around $3,208 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chatsworth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chatsworth
Seniors who wish to apply for financial aid for assisted living in Chatsworth may do so through the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program. This program does not pay for room and board but it does help offset the cost of other relevant services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chatsworth
Chatsworth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chatsworth, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chatsworth
Chatsworth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Chatsworth, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chatsworth
Review of Twin Palms
Twin Palms was excellent. It was very clean and the staff was good as far as I could see. The owner was very accommodating, very kind, and very knowledgeable. This was one of the top communities on... Read more
Review of Brookdale Chatsworth
The staff at Brookdale Chatsworth was terrific. The residents looked happy and engaged. The building felt a little tired, but there were activities going on. It looked nice. The outdoor areas were ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Chatsworth
Brookdale Chatsworth was clean, and the residents we saw looked happy. The staff was excellent. We saw four rooms; they're actually pretty spacious, and they all have a nice outdoor area. There wer... Read more