188 Assisted Living Facilities near Encino, CA
There are 188 Assisted Living Facilities in the Encino area, with 7 in Encino and 181 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Encino is $3,565 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 445 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Encino. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Encino 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Encino, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Encino, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Encino
Nestled near the northern slope of the Santa Monica Mountains, Encino is a suburb in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. It has a population of about 40,000 people and one of the highest percentages of residents 50 years of age and older in America.
A comfortable climate, great eats, a vibrant art community and easy access to healthcare are just a few reasons why Encino might appeal to seniors who are looking for assisted living. There are more than 180 assisted living facilities in the Encino area, with seven in Encino and the rest in nearby communities. The California Community Care Licensing Division licenses these facilities as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). By definition, they are facilities where the majority of residents are 60 years of age or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Encino
- Seniors may want to ask potential assisted living communities what sorts of outings they provide for residents. With Encino's central location, the attractions of the greater Los Angeles area are never far away, including cafés, museums, movie theaters, shopping malls and performing arts venues. Local highlights include the Museum of San Fernando Valley, the Laemmle Town Center 5 and the Encino Community Center.
- Encino is close to the 134, 405 and 101 freeways and provides a variety of transportation options for seniors.
- Like many cities in the Golden State, Encino's cost of living is higher than the U.S. national average. Overall living costs in the city are 99.1 percent above the national average.
- Seniors and those with respiratory issues are especially vulnerable to the health effects of ozone and other pollutants in the air. In Los Angeles County, which has some of the highest levels of pollution in America, the air quality receives a failing grade.
- Encino offers seniors a mild climate. The coolest month is January, with an average low temperature of 44, and the warmest month is July, with an average high temperature of 91.
- The Encino area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Encino Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Encino
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Encino start around $4,066 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Encino and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Encino
California’s state Medicaid program provides an Assisted Living Waiver Program to help eligible seniors pay for assisted living services in Los Angeles County. Financial aid is also available to seniors with Supplemental Security Income (SSI) through California's Optional State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Encino
Encino and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Encino, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Encino
Encino-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Encino
Review of Encino Terrace Senior Living
The staff is excellent. My father loves them. My sister loves them. And I love all of them myself. One couldn’t ask for better people to support my father. Read more
Review of Encino Terrace Senior Living
Truly the most amazing staff!!! You could have all the amenities but unless you have a great staff none of that will matter...and this place truly has people that care wholeheartedly about their re... Read more