146 Assisted Living Facilities near Panorama City, CA
There are 146 Assisted Living Facilities in the Panorama City area, with 3 in Panorama City and 143 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Panorama City is $2,600 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 365 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Panorama City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Panorama City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Arleta with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Panorama City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Panorama City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Panorama City
Panorama City is a Los Angeles neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley, on the north side of the Hollywood Hills on the far side of the Hollywood sign. Home to almost 25,000 people, just 8.8 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over, Panorama City is in the middle of an urban area with no fewer than 144 assisted living facilities to serve the needs of Los Angeles' seniors.
Assisted living facilities, like other residential care communities in the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Panorama City
- Panorama City's climate is generally warm and dry, with hot summers and mild winters. Summer highs in the San Fernando Valley average 88 degrees, while winter lows average 41 degrees. The Santa Ana winds frequently blow dust and many different types of allergens in off the hills, which can aggravate some seniors' asthma. Panorama City gets a little over 17 inches of rain a year, though frequent droughts can cut that total in half two or three times a decade.
- The cost of living in or near Panorama City is more than double the national average. This is partly because California is generally more expensive, with an average cost of living 69 percent higher than the rest of the country, and partly due to the proximity of Hollywood and a number of upscale local communities, such as Brentwood and Beverly Hills. Healthcare is relatively affordable, however, costing an average of 15 percent less than the typical national rate.
- Crime in the Panorama City area is relatively low, compared with both state and national figures. Across crime categories, Panorama City has roughly 30 percent lower rates, with an even steeper decline in violent crime, than the average city its size nationwide.
- The Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority, known as the Metro, provides bus and rail service for the residents of most San Fernando Valley communities. Seniors in Panorama City can reach the rest of Los Angeles at a discount on regular fares, while disabled ride and dial-a-ride services can be booked in advance for the mobility impaired.
- The Panorama City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Mission Community Hospital and Pacifica Hospital of the Valley, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Panorama City, as part of Los Angeles, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Panorama City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Panorama City start around $2,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Panorama City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Panorama City
Seniors in Panorama City can apply for a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program from the state of California. This waiver helps cover some or all of the cost of assisted living in 15 counties in the state, including Los Angeles.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Panorama City
Panorama City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Panorama City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Panorama City
Panorama City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Panorama City, CA
Other Options in Panorama City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Panorama City
Review of Valley View Retirement Center
I thought Valley View Retirement Center was a very nice facility. I also thought that it was well kept. The staff was polite. They had good relationship and coordination between the staff members a... Read more