36 Assisted Living Facilities near Antioch, CA
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Antioch area, with 16 in Antioch and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Antioch is $3,987 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pittsburg with an average starting cost of $2,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 74 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Antioch. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Antioch 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsburg with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Antioch, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Antioch, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Antioch
Antioch, California, located on the San Joaquin River, is known as the Gateway to the Delta. It is the heart of Contra Costa County where many people live, work, and play. The town's population is over 100,00 with over 10 percent seniors age 65 and over.
Antioch has around 20 assisted living communities of significant size, along with multiple smaller residential care facilities. California regulates both types of residential community in the same way, through the state Department of Social Services Senior Care Licensing Division. As a rule, California's assisted living communities provide residents with 24-hour response from staff, as well as room and board, transportation outside the facility and help with various activities of daily living, such as dressing and personal care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Antioch
Antioch's weather is typical of California's Mediterranean climate. Daily highs in the city average 73 degrees Fahrenheit, while lows average 50 degrees. In common with the rest of the East Bay region, there's very little rain. Antioch only gets 13 inches a year.
- Contra Costa County has challenging air quality most of the time, but the American Lung Association figures for the area around Antioch show it has made large improvements over the years, and that current levels of ozone and particles in the air are tolerable.
- Antioch is close enough to Silicon Valley to have a high cost of living, relative to the national figures, but the area is still much more affordable than many other places in California, or even within Contra Costa County. Prices here average about 39 percent higher than the national average. Groceries, for example, are roughly 25 percent more expensive than national averages.
- California imposes a uniform 6-percent sales tax on most of the goods bought in the state. On top of that, Contra Costa County adds a 0.25-percent sales tax. The city of Antioch adds a 0.5-percent tax that, along with California's 2-percent "special" tax, means Antioch residents pay 8.75 percent in sales tax on top of the state's income tax and the county's property taxes. California has generally high-income taxes, but SSI and most types of retirement income are exempt.
- Antioch is a generally low-crime place to live. While the local homicide rate is right on par with national averages, crime rates in every other category are significantly lower than the national figures. Aggravated assault, for example, is less than one-fifth the national rate.
- Antioch is on the bus line to the large Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system. Seniors qualify for discounted fares on BART, though an ID is generally required to access the discount.
Paying for Assisted Living in Antioch
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Antioch start around $3,987 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Antioch and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Antioch
Seniors who require financial assistance with an ALF can seek eligibility through the California Medicaid program. Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Antioch
Antioch and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Antioch, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Antioch
Antioch-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Antioch, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Antioch
Review of TreVista Senior Living
We liked TreVista but it didn't fit for what we needed for my mother-in-law. We liked the surroundings; it seemed nice to us. The staff members were really nice. The dining room looked pretty good ... Read more
Review of Friendship Care Home
My mom likes Friendship Care Home a lot. I like it a lot, too. The place is very adequate. There are lots of social interactions. They have activities every day. The area is very spacious. My mom h... Read more
Review of TreVista Senior Living
We like TreVista a lot. They had very nice people. It was a very nice place, but it was too far. Also when they did an assessment, they said Mom needed memory care but they didn't have a room at th... Read more