35 Assisted Living Facilities near Brentwood, CA
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brentwood area, with 7 in Brentwood and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brentwood is $3,670 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pittsburg with an average starting cost of $2,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 71 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brentwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brentwood 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rio Vista with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brentwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brentwood, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brentwood
Brentwood, California, is found in Contra Costa County in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. Depending on how you reckon its borders, the City of Brentwood has between 12 and 20 assisted living communities. These properties look after their senior residents with room and board, 24-hour safety and health monitoring and help with regular activities of daily living (ADLs). In California, any community with more than 6 beds that offers round-the-clock care must register with the State of California as a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE). These properties are regulated and inspected by the California Department of Social Services Senior Care Licensing Program, which exists to promote the health, safety and high quality of life independent seniors deserve.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brentwood
- Brentwood occupies about 15 square miles in eastern Contra Costa County, in the rain shadow of Mount Diablo, which is visible from every part of town. Most of this area has a Mediterranean climate, with summer highs in the low-90s and winter lows in the high-30s.
- As residents of both California and Contra Costa County, Brentwood residents pay a combined 8.25 percent sales tax rate on most purchases. This is on top of California's 10.8 percent income tax, which has been "temporarily" raised to 13.3 percent for residents who make over $260,000 a year. SSI and many types of retirement income are exempt from state taxes, which is good news for seniors on fixed incomes.
- Brentwood residents enjoy a generally low crime rate. Assault and crimes against people are well below half the national averages here.
- Brentwood generally lacks efficient public transportation. This city of 60,000 people had just 7,500 residents in 1990, so growth has far outpaced the ability of Tri Delta Transit to keep up bus routes. No rail connection serves the city directly, though the adjoining city of Antioch, CA, has a convenient park-and-ride facility that connects with Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). This bus and rail network unites the entire San Francisco Bay Area as one community and offers steep senior discounts.
- Brentwood has several public art and cultural events for the public to enjoy, including a weekend art, wine and jazz festival every August. The upscale Streets of Brentwood area downtown hosts seasonal events year-round.
- The Brentwood Senior Club is open to all adults over age 50, who want to keep busy with socializing and day trips, as well as discounts on local shopping. The city offers seniors pro bono legal assistance and other services through its website.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brentwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Brentwood start around $3,670 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brentwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brentwood
Care First Resources, which is headquartered in Sacramento, assists Brentwood seniors looking for help moving into assisted living. The organization offers referrals for care, help getting placement and financial aid for most levels of residential care. California's Assisted Living Waiver (ALF) can pick up the cost of assisted living for you if you meet the eligibility requirements of the program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brentwood
Brentwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brentwood, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brentwood
Brentwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brentwood, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brentwood
Review of Cortona Park
For the value, Cortona Park is amazing, and I think it's a wonderful community. The only thing that made us pause is that since you pay for quality it's a little bit out of our price range. The siz... Read more
Review of Cortona Park
My mother was a resident of Cortona Park for 7 years 3 months. She entered Cortona as independent living and enjoyed her beautiful apartment, staff, food, and the friends she made along the way. T... Read more
Review of Cortona Park
Cortona Park is very nice, clean and welcoming. The staff has been nice. According to my dad, the food is good and he seems to be enjoying it. They have musicians come in and do performances, some ... Read more