37 Assisted Living Facilities near Oakley, CA
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oakley area, with 5 in Oakley and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oakley is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Brentwood with an average starting cost of $3,670.
To help you with your search, browse the 73 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oakley. Better rated regions include Brentwood with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oakley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Oakley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oakley
Oakley is a sprawling community in California's East Bay region, located between the Sacramento River Delta and the agricultural land of the Central Valley. Home to almost 42,000 people, just 9 percent of Oakley's residents are seniors aged 65 and over. At least 37 assisted living facilities operate in and around Oakley to provide them with safe and comfortable independent living. Like all residential care communities in the state, Oakley's assisted living facilities are licensed and inspected by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oakley
- The weather in Oakley is generally warm, but it can get unpredictable in winter. Summer highs in Oakley average a little over 91 degrees, while winter lows average around 39 in December. The eastern part of Contra Costa County gets 13 inches of rain in a typical year, though this part of California is prone to droughts that can change the rainfall total by up to half for one or two years at a time. Winter blooms in the hills around town can put a lot of pollen in the air and aggravate some seniors' asthma.
- The cost of living in Oakley is 59 percent higher than the national average, but that's a little less than the 69 percent-higher average cost of living for California. Much of the premium Oakley residents pay is in the expensive local real estate market, while some other costs are well below the state average. Healthcare, for example, costs only 2 percent more in Oakley than it does nationwide.
Crime rates in Oakley are very low across all categories. All crimes combined run to around 40 percent of the national average crime rate, while violent crimes are less common still. Much of the property crime reported in Oakley is theft, vandalism or other relatively minor offenses.
- Seniors in Oakley can get around the entire Bay Area on the bus and rail routes of Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). BART connects almost all Bay Area communities with scheduled service, as well as dial-a-ride and assisted ride services with same-day scheduling. Seniors and mobility-impaired riders qualify for discount fares on BART.
- The Oakley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Sutter Delta Medical Center and John Muir Health, Concord Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Oakley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Contra Costa County Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides adult day health care and transportation services for Oakley's seniors, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oakley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Oakley start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oakley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oakley
Oakley is in Contra Costa County, one of 15 counties where seniors can apply for the Medi-Cal funded Assisted Living Waiver. While this waiver does not pay for room and board in an assisted living facility, it can help seniors pay for services received in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oakley
Oakley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oakley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Oakley Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oakley
Oakley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.