21 Assisted Living Facilities near Livermore, CA
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Livermore area, with 12 in Livermore and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Livermore is $4,599 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Danville with an average starting cost of $4,349.
To help you with your search, browse the 80 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Livermore. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Livermore 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pleasanton with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Livermore, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Livermore, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Livermore
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Livermore is the most populous city in the Tri-Valley area. Seniors here account for 11 percent of the city's 80,0000 residents. Livermore has 24 assisted living facilities, which are officially classified as Residential Care Facilities by the state. In Livermore itself, there are 13 facilities, and 11 more are nearby in the communities of Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Fremont and Union City. Assisted living staff in these communities work with seniors, helping them with the tasks of daily living and managing their medication, among other things.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Livermore
- The climate in Livermore is comfortable year-round, making it an excellent home for seniors. The average high is 87 degrees Fahrenheit in July and 39 degrees in January. Most years Livermore sees no snowfall and the area averages 257 sunny days per year.
- Livermore has arts and culture options for seniors to enjoy. The Livermore Heritage Guild's Carnegie Museum highlights local history including an exhibit on the local rodeo and a library housing literature relevant to local history. The city highlights local art across the city, with much of the artwork centrally located in the downtown area.
- Transportation in the city is well-managed, with the Wheels Bus providing easy transport throughout the city, and Dial-a-Ride services can take seniors from their door to their destination. The transit system also offers buses to connect riders to the Bay Area Regional Transit system.
- The Livermore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Stanford Health Care — Valley Care Medical Center and the Livermore Division VA, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The crime outlook in Livermore is very positive, with rates for violent crime and property crime significantly lower than the national averages. Violent crime is 95 percent as prevalent, and property crime is 85 percent compared to the average.
- The cost of living in the city is very high. Costs on average come in at 194.7 points compared to the U.S. average of 100. Housing costs reach a staggering 374 points and groceries are 118.4 points. These values could make living in Livermore cost-prohibitive for many seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Livermore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Livermore start around $4,599 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Livermore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Livermore
There is assistance available for seniors living in a residential care facility in Livermore. The Optional State Supplement is available to seniors who live in assisted living homes and who receive SSI payments from the Social Security Administration. The state also offers funding to all seniors in these facilities through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Livermore
Livermore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Livermore, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Livermore
Livermore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Livermore, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Livermore
Review of Livermore Valley Senior Living
My dad moved into Livermore Valley Senior Living. The location was primarily what we were looking for because we live out in that area, so I was trying to get him closer to us, as well as finding a... Read more
Review of The Watermark at Rosewood Gardens
I looked at The Watermark at Rosewood Gardens. I thought it needed some updating. They have assisted living on one side of the building, and the memory care on another part of the building. The ass... Read more
Review of Quail Garden
I met with the owner of Quail Garden. I was able to ask any questions I wanted, and she was more than helpful. I liked that she was actually interviewing me during the process because she likes to ... Read more