34 Assisted Living Facilities near San Ramon, CA
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the San Ramon area, with 4 in San Ramon and 30 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in San Ramon is $3,881 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Castro Valley with an average starting cost of $3,877.
To help you with your search, browse the 131 reviews below for assisted living facilities in San Ramon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Ramon 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pleasanton with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in San Ramon find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in San Ramon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in San Ramon, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in San Ramon
San Ramon is located 34 miles east of San Francisco, offering a suburban retreat with easy access to the cultural amenities of the City by the Bay. San Ramon has nearly 76,000 residents, 9.5 percent of whom are aged 65 and older. For seniors who need support in the activities of daily living, there are four assisted living facilities in San Ramon, and 31 additional communities in the surrounding area.
In San Ramon, as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). The California Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and Continuing Care Contracts Branch licenses and regulates the state’s RCFEs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in San Ramon
- Sperling's Comfort Index rates San Ramon 83 out of 100, which is great for seniors seeking a comfortable year-round climate. With an average of 256 days of sunshine per year and 20 inches of rain, there is plenty of good weather for outdoor activities.
- Security-conscious seniors can rest easy knowing San Ramon has far less violent and property crime than both San Francisco and the country as a whole. The city’s violent crime index is 8.4 compared to San Francisco’s 26.5. Property crime in San Ramon is rated 19.2, which is significantly lower than San Francisco’s 46.7.
- San Ramon has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Alcosta Senior and Community Center, an organization that sponsors numerous classes, trips, special events and activities. Seniors in San Ramon can take advantage of low-cost, door-to-door transportation on one of the Center’s vans.
- Air quality is poor in San Ramon, which can be of concern for seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses. The American Lung Association grades Contra Costa County with an “F” for its ozone pollution and “B” for particle pollution.
- The San Ramon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including San Ramon Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- San Ramon’s proximity to the Bay Area creates a high cost of living. The cost of living in San Ramon is 150 percent higher than the U.S. average, with most of that attributable to housing.
Paying for Assisted Living in San Ramon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in San Ramon start around $3,885 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in San Ramon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in San Ramon
California's Medicaid system, or Medi-Cal, offers the Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP), available in 15 California counties, to help those who are eligible for nursing home care pay for a less costly assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in San Ramon
San Ramon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in San Ramon, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in San Ramon Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in San Ramon
San Ramon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in San Ramon
Review of Brookdale San Ramon
Brookdale San Ramon was very nice. We visited two different apartments and they were very nice. They were a little small, but not that much smaller than what my wife has now, and they had a patio. ... Read more
Review of Sunrise Villa San Ramon
We liked Sunrise Villa San Ramon a lot. It's a really nice facility. The grounds, the interior facilities and the apartments were nice. We met the staff involved in the placement and the management... Read more
Review of Brookdale San Ramon
I am loving my home. We are called a family and the staff works hard to make us feel like one. I have some medical issues and feel very safe here. Our caregivers are well trained to help us wit... Read more