75 Assisted Living Facilities near Pleasanton, CA
There are 75 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pleasanton area, with 13 in Pleasanton and 62 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pleasanton is $4,793 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Livermore with an average starting cost of $4,565.
To help you with your search, browse the 274 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pleasanton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pleasanton 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Foster City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pleasanton, call (855) 863-8283.
13 Assisted Living Facilities in Pleasanton, CA
62 Assisted Living Facilities near Pleasanton, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pleasanton
Pleasanton, California is a medium-size city of 70,000 people located 25 miles east of Oakland in Alameda County. There are 12 assisted living communities in Pleasanton, though as part of the larger San Francisco Bay Area, residents have easy access to 46 properties in several nearby cities. The State of California regulates these communities through the Department of Social Services Senior Care Licensing Division and designates them as residential care facilities for the elderly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pleasanton
Weather in Pleasanton is generally warmer and drier than it is in neighboring Oakland. On the eastern slope of the Coastal range, temperatures in Pleasanton range between summer highs of 88 degrees, to winter lows of 40 degrees. Pleasanton sits in a rain shadow of the Oakland hills, so it gets only 21 inches of rain a year, much less than the national average of 39.
- The American Lung Association rates the air in Alameda County as being of mixed quality. Ozone levels are generally higher than is considered healthy, though levels have fallen dramatically since the late 1990s. Particulate pollution is measured as average in the area, but within the boundaries of good human health.
- Pleasanton, CA, can be a very expensive place to live. Like many other cities in the Bay Area, the general cost of living, including health-care and groceries, is significantly higher than the national average and even slightly higher than the Californian average.
- Pleasanton is in Alameda County, California, which subjects its residents to significant local taxes. In addition to California's 10.8-percent income tax rate, Pleasanton residents generally pay around 9.25 percent in sales tax, which affects seniors living on a budgeted personal needs allowance.
- Crime is extremely low in Pleasanton. Across all categories, rates of street crime and violent crime are often as low as one-fifth the national rates.
- Tri-Valley Wheels provides local bus service with a discounted fare for seniors, and the Pleasanton Paratransit service offers shared rides to appointments and accommodates mobility devices. For farther excursions, the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) network offers a 62.5-percent discount to senior riders.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pleasanton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Pleasanton start around $4,793 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pleasanton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pleasanton
The state of California has an assisted living waiver program administered by the Department of Health Care Services. This waiver lets Medi-Cal eligible seniors reside in affiliated assisted living facilities instead of institutionalized care via nursing homes. The state also supplements SSI benefits and places a cap on room and board charges to Medicaid-eligible individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pleasanton
Pleasanton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pleasanton, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pleasanton
Pleasanton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pleasanton, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pleasanton
Review of Sunrise of Pleasanton
We visited Sunrise of Pleasanton for my brother, and our visit there was really good. The staff was really good. Everything was brand new, so it was all very nice, and the rooms were like a regular... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Pleasanton
Sunrise of Pleasanton made every effort to accommodate us. It was very clean, very open, and more homey. It had a great outdoor area for sitting, indoor patios, and a nice lunch room. We worked wit... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Pleasanton
Sunrise of Pleasanton is a wonderful and caring environment. The people were wonderful and showed us everything. I really appreciated it and believed my dad would thrive there. The rooms were not t... Read more