136 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, CA
There are 136 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fremont area, with 19 in Fremont and 117 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fremont is $3,564 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Union City with an average starting cost of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 459 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fremont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fremont 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Union City with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fremont, call (855) 863-8283.
19 Assisted Living Facilities in Fremont, CA
117 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fremont
Situated on the southeast side of the San Francisco Bay, Fremont,California, is a metropolitan city of over 200,000 people — 11.4 percent age 65 and over. In Fremont, assisted living facilities are licensed through the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division and are officially referred to as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). This is the designation for facilities that provide varying levels of care and supervision for residents, of which at least 75 percent are over the age of 60. Fremont is home to 19 facilities, and there are an additional 39 located in nearby cities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fremont
- Fremont has a high cost of living that surpasses both the state and national average. Seniors can expect to pay more for groceries, health care, housing, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, though utilities in this region tend to cost less.
- Fremont has a comfortable climate year-round, ranking 82 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index. The city experiences 264 days of sunshine and just 16 inches of rain annually, giving active seniors plenty of opportunities to enjoy the city’s outdoor amenities. July highs are a comfortable 80 degrees, and the average January low is 42 degrees.
- Fremont is a safe city with a crime rate that is below regional, state and national averages. Fremont is safer than 54 percent of U.S. cities, and residents have a 1 in 46 chance of being the victim of a crime.
- The Fremont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Washington Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Fremont, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fremont is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Fremont has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Tri-City Elder Coalition, an organization that connects seniors with financial aid programs, meal and transportation services and other resources that help them maintain their independence and quality of life, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fremont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Fremont start around $3,564 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fremont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fremont
In Fremont, eligible seniors may apply for assistance to help them pay for assisted living. Currently, Californians have access to two programs, including Supplemental Security Income – Category G and the Assisted Living Waiver program through Medi-Cal.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fremont
Fremont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fremont, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fremont
Fremont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fremont, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fremont
Review of Carlton Senior Living Fremont
My ex-husband moved into Carlton Senior Living Fremont. It's pretty good and everything seemed to be neat, clean, and organized. I don't have any complaints about the accommodations. It was better ... Read more
Review of Carlton Senior Living Fremont
Carlton Senior Living Fremont is very neat and spacious. The staff members are very friendly and helpful, and they respect my mother if she doesn't want to go down for breakfast. She has a one-bedr... Read more
Review of Aegis Gardens
Aegis Gardens is great for Asians. They speak Asian, and the staff members are really good. It's just their community fee is over twice as much as everywhere else I saw. The studio apartments were ... Read more