BridgePoint at Los Altos

Reviews of BridgePoint at Los Altos

Assisted Living Reviews for BridgePoint at Los Altos

December 13, 2016

By Happy Visitor203138

BridgePoint is excellent and clean. The people are compassionate about the residents, who seem very content and happy. There are lots of activities going on every day in their wellness center. The food is great.

August 09, 2015

By Dennis29

I visited Bridge Point at Los Altos too. However, I was not impressed. The rooms looked small and a little older than the other ones I visited. They had activities inside. They had bus trips. They had television rooms, a computer area, a reading area, and an exercise room. It was just kind of an old facility. I liked the location. Maybe they could improve on their modernization.

November 18, 2014

By Joyful Daughter

My mother has been a resident at this facility for 3 years and is very happy & content there, has made lots of friends, and feels very loved and cared for there. The many activities keep her busy from morning till night and most of the time she doesn't go back to her apartment until Jeopardy comes on at 7pm. She participates in chair exercise classes, balloon volleyball, ice cream socials, sees the potiatrist for a pedicure once a month, gets massages, and visits with all the many friends she's made there every day. The food is fantastic, too! I've had many meals there and they have an amazing chef! Also, she likes that she can eat any time of day as they have a special menu that offers a variety of choices throughout the day, besides the dinner specials (4 offered daily). I'm so happy she's in a great place where people care for her like family & the staff are very dedicated, too, especially Mary, at the front desk, that goes out of her way to help anyone with anything, and if she can't help with something, she finds someone who can! Thank you, Bridgepoint, for being there in every way for my wonderful mom!

June 19, 2013

By Lorraine11

Bridgepoint is very clean and it doesn't smell. It was just fine.

June 22, 2012

By KP1

Though the facilities are nice and the town is great, the staff seemed to be unhappy and as if they didn't want to be doing there jobs. As a granddaughter, I wanted to see people who truly loved their jobs and cared about not only the well-being that my grandparents had on a physical level, but on a spiritual level as well. It was frustrating to see people who were more interested in getting off their shift at the right time than in what the people living there really needed. Sometimes an older person just needs someone to listen and talk to them about life and I think that is just as important as medication or physical check-ups. We ended up not choosing the facility because of the people who worked there and honestly I think the staff needs to reevaluate whether or not they truly like their jobs and if not, they should get new ones and stop shoveling off their unhappiness on the people who happen to live there. I do think the facility had a great list of things to do and the other people living there really seemed like they would be amazing to talk to and learn from but the awful staff was too much to handle.

March 06, 2012

By R.K.

I lived at this facility for 3 years and enjoyed it very much. The staff is very friendly and easy to work with. The rooms are in excellent condition, very clean and bright. There are many rose bushes surrounding the property, that it makes taking a walk very enjoyable. I highly recommend this facility to anyone.

August 11, 2011

By Tritone125

Grew up right down the street from BridgePoint. For years I didn't even know there was an assisted living facility there. It sits in a quaint residential area, and is surrounded by trees and greenery. I've been inside the facility on several occasions. I've voted there, volunteered there, and have recently visited the facility with friends who have elderly loved ones there. I've heard great feedback about the community. One of my best friend's grandmother moved there after her husband passed. She was incredibly resistant and caused the family a great deal of heartache. Despite this, she's grown to love her life at BridgePoint. From what I understand this is an expensive community; but the family is very happy with the service they're receiving.

August 06, 2011

By Caring Daughter1

My 90-year-old mom has been in this facility for a year and I visit at least weekly. We like the fact that services range from completely independent to help with medication management to various levels of assisted living, with the ability to change back and forth as needed and the level of care cost adjusted accordingly. It took a while for Mom to get oriented to the layout and available activities. The staff are friendly and encouraging and treat her very kindly. I eat lunch or dinner there about once a week and there's always a salad bar, choice of 4 entrees (one vegetarian), fresh fruit and dessert. You have the same 4 entree choices for lunch and dinner and the menus rotate through about every 5 weeks. The food is good and reasonably varied, though mom finds some of the options too spicy for her tastes. There's a luscious spread for the Sunday buffet twice a month and the dining room is decorated for all the holidays. There are wine and cheese and root beer float socials every month, too. We would recommend BridgePoint to others looking for this type of facility.

Independent Living Reviews for BridgePoint at Los Altos

Questions about BridgePoint at Los Altos

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at BridgePoint at Los Altos. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Bridgepoint is great representation of the population of the bay area. We have residents that have grown up in Los Altos/Palo Alto, to residents moving from across the country and from around the world. Our residents live both independently and assisted. The average age of our community is 85. Our residents love to attend group/social activities such as group exercise, guest lectures/speakers and happy hours.

What programs or activities does BridgePoint at Los Altos offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bridgepoint offers group exercise classes such as balance, thai chi, sitting range of motion and stretching and sit and be fit. We also have guest lecture and speakers from Foothill Community College.

What places are near BridgePoint at Los Altos or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are close by downtown Los Altos and a short drive away from Palo Alto and Mountain View.

What transportation services does BridgePoint at Los Altos offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is included in the rent and we can transport out to a 5 mile radius. We also can drive out to Kaiser Santa Clara and Redwood City. We can assisted with getting the residents to doctors appointments, shopping or any extra curricular activity as long as it is scheduled with our wellness team.

What makes the chef or dining program at BridgePoint at Los Altos exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Rachelle is our newest addition to the Bridgepoint team as the Dining Services Director. She is traditionally trained in high end French cuisine from the French Culinary Institute. Rachelle has also become well versed in Italian cuisine after an externship in Umbria, Italy. In her spare time, Rachelle enjoys baking and perfecting Asian cuisine. Bridgepoint offers 4 daily specials for lunch and dinner consisting of 2 types of meat, 1 fish and 1 vegetarian dish.

What safety features or security measures does BridgePoint at Los Altos offer to assisted living residents?

All residents are required to wear their pendant when they are around the community, which is GPS located. In the event of an emergency the resident can press their pendant or push the call button/pull cord in their room to call for assistance. Bridgepoint can cater to residents with minor memory impairment. If a resident has dementia they will be required to wear a wander guard which will set off an alarm at any exit or entrance.

How does BridgePoint at Los Altos keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Bridgepoint has a weekly letter sent out by the Executive Director to update the families on any news about the community. Our team will also reach out to the family if there is any sudden change of condition in the resident's health. FaceTime and Zoom visits are available with staff assistance, with an arranged appointment.

If BridgePoint at Los Altos accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Bridgepoint is a pet friendly community. It is $100/month to have your pet live with you in your apartment. Pets are allowed to go in the hallways, courtyards and outside the community.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Stanford Shopping center is nearby, San Antonio shopping center is a short walk, and the downtown village area of Los Altos is a short drive, providing access to dozens of small restaurants and boutique shopping. The community is close to a paved walking trail and 4 golf courses. Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts, Lucie Stern Theater, and the Bus Barn Stage company all provide access to quality live theater.

What transportation services does BridgePoint at Los Altos offer to independent living residents?

Bridgepoint provides transportation to hospitals and doctors offices, as well as shopping and errands. The community is close to Stanford Hospital, El Camino Hospital, Camino Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center and Palo Alto V.A.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large, beautiful bistro and a wide, open wellness, activity, and fitness center, two large courtyards, a garden and lawn area and a lovely front patio. Large windows throughout the building provide natural light and a view to mature fruit trees, redwoods, and dozens of rose bushes that surround the community.

What safety features or security measures does BridgePoint at Los Altos provide to protect residents who wander?

Bridgepoint can offer wander guards to residents with minor memory impairment. The wander guard triggers an alarm by an exit or entrance if the resident gets too close to the door.

Costs for BridgePoint at Los Altos

Photos of BridgePoint at Los Altos

Services and Amenities of BridgePoint at Los Altos

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• State Licenses: 435200989

About BridgePoint at Los Altos

Experience Life at Bridgepoint at Los Altos

BridgePoint at Los Altos feels like a warm and inviting village, with three beautiful courtyards, gardens, a fountain, and walking paths welcoming you home. The opportunities to make new friends and to pursue your passions are limitless, BridgePoint at Los Altos is a place to enjoy life. Residents can take advantage of the comfortable fireside lounge, popular wellness center and convenient library/tech area as well as engage in any variety of educational, social and spiritual enrichment programs.

Life at BridgePoint at Los Altos is all about choices. Choose from a carefree, active independent lifestyle or if you require some additional assistance with daily activities, we offer various levels of Assisted Living. Our professional team of associates will customize a care program that’s right for you while you continue to enjoy your friends and opportunities at BridgePoint at Los Altos.

At BridgePoint at Los Altos, we promote a sense of community and friendship. Our community features a wide spectrum of individualized services and lifestyle options, including:

• Exceptional Independent Living
  • Personalized Assisted Living

Our goal at BridgePoint at Los Altos is to enhance each person’s lifestyle. Come experience our community and you will immediately feel the difference. Engage, challenge yourself, give back, and build a legacy for future generations — this is our invitation to you.

SERVICES & AMENITIES

BridgePoint at Los Altos has a wide range of services and amenities to make your days comfortable and enjoyable.

• Three nutritionally balanced meals per day
  • Sunday brunch
  • Educational events
  • State-of-the-art wellness program
  • Wellness checks
  • Emergency response system
  • Computer center with internet access
  • On-Site Beauty Salon

Have questions about living at BridgePoint at Los Altos? Ask away! We’d love to fill you in on the features of our community. One of our representatives will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Map of BridgePoint at Los Altos