53 Assisted Living Facilities near Redwood City, CA
There are 53 Assisted Living Facilities in the Redwood City area, with 11 in Redwood City and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Redwood City is $4,063 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 141 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Redwood City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Redwood City 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Carlos with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Redwood City, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Redwood City, CA
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Redwood City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Redwood City
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Redwood City boasts the only active deep water port in the San Francisco Bay. Seniors here will have plenty of chances to enjoy the bay and other outdoor sites due to an average of 255 sunny days per year. For seniors looking to obtain help completing daily tasks, Redwood City features 11 local assisted living facilities (ALFs) and 47 nearby, all regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD). The CCLD considers assisted living communities as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Redwood City
- The cost of living in Redwood City is one of the highest in the nation. While California has a 52 percent higher cost of living than the national average, Redwood City has a 209 percent higher one. Grocery bills are 18.5 percent higher while health care is 11 percent higher. Seniors should consider this before moving here.
- Warm winters and cool summers in Redwood City make it easier for seniors to participate in outdoor activities of daily living without respiratory issues. Temperatures are steady year-round and average between 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The city of Redwood City has a crime rate of 35 compared to a national index of 100. Violent crime is 105 percent lower (1 in 512) than the state average (1 in 225) for violent crimes.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income, besides SSI. Redwood City residents have a combined 8.75 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Redwood City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Veterans Memorial Senior Center, an organization that provides clubs, organizations, classes and ongoing programs, an activity center, special events and senior volunteer partnerships, as well as one senior center.
- The Redwood City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sequoia Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Redwood City Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Redwood City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Redwood City start around $4,063 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Redwood City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Redwood City
Financial assistance for eligible Redwood city seniors include Med-Cali (Medicare) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Redwood City
Redwood City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Redwood City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Redwood City
Redwood City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Redwood City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Redwood City
Review of Brookdale Redwood City
Mom's experience at Brookdale Redwood City wasn't the best. They're very understaffed and the staff that's there is not really up to par. They're not terrible, but there were a couple of different ... Read more
Review of Woodside Care Home
The facility is very clean ..staff there is nice specially the men administrator... Read more
Review of Brookdale Redwood City
My parents will be moving into Brookdale Redwood City. It's clean. The room is a good size for people who are downsizing. I think there is enough room for my parents. The staff members are very hel... Read more