67 Assisted Living Facilities near Foster City, CA
There are 67 Assisted Living Facilities in the Foster City area, with 6 in Foster City and 61 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Foster City is $4,433 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 169 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Foster City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Foster City 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Foster City, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Foster City, CA
61 Assisted Living Facilities near Foster City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Foster City
Foster City is a man-made island in San Mateo County where seniors can find low crime, beautiful scenery and quality medical care. The city is home to a thriving senior population, with adults 65 years of age or older making up more than 5,000 of the city's over 30,000 residents.
Seniors who are considering assisted living in Foster City have a wide range of facilities from which to choose, with six in the city and 59 in neighboring communities such as San Carlos, Belmont and Redwood City. Assisted living facilities in Foster City are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are overseen by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Foster City
- Relative to the rest of the country, seniors in Foster City can expect to pay considerably more for goods and services. The community's cost of living is 189.3 percent more than the state average and 258.3 percent more than the national average.
- Foster City has an overall rate of 12 crimes per 1,000 residents, making it safer for seniors than 59 percent of American cities.
- When it comes to excursions from assisted living facilities, the Foster City area offers seniors endless possibilities. The area boasts plentiful parks, shopping centers and beautiful beaches. History buffs may also enjoy exploring the nearby Hiller Aviation Museum.
- The Foster City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Foster City Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Foster City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Wing, which provides social services to older adults and also houses Foster City's senior center.
- Foster City's public transportation network of bus, shuttle and train providers enables seniors to move freely around the city and beyond.
Paying for Assisted Living in Foster City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Foster City start around $4,433 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Foster City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Foster City
Medi-Cal, California’s state Medicaid program, provides eligible seniors with an Assisted Living Waiver Program to cover assisted living services in San Mateo County. Assistance is also available to those who qualify for California’s Optional State Supplement to Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Foster City
Foster City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Foster City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Foster City
Foster City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Foster City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Foster City
Review of Atria at Foster Square
I thought Atria at Foster Square was a lovely place. It was brand new; it didn’t have a lot of residents yet. The apartments were fine. I find no fault with it except that it was a little more expe... Read more