78 Assisted Living Facilities near Burlingame, CA
There are 78 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burlingame area, with 9 in Burlingame and 69 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burlingame is $4,895 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Millbrae with an average starting cost of $4,816.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burlingame. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burlingame 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Millbrae with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Burlingame find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burlingame, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Burlingame, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burlingame
Burlingame, nicknamed the City of Trees for its abundance of Eucalyptus, is located on the San Francisco Peninsula just 16 miles from the heart of San Francisco. This coastal city is considered the “gateway to San Francisco.” Seniors in Burlingame make up 13.7 percent of the population. There are nine assisted living facilities in Burlingame which are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD). The Department uses the term Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and defines them as facilities that provide residences and care for seniors over 60.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burlingame
- Seniors who like outdoor activities benefit from Burlingame’s warm Mediterranean climate. Winters can be slightly chilly but the temps rarely dip below 43 degrees Fahrenheit in January. High temps in July average around 74 degrees. Snow almost never falls in the city and rainfall averages 24 inches annually, below the U.S. average of 39.
- Burlingame offers seniors plenty of entertainment and attractions including The Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia, the Shorebird Sanctuary and the Peninsula Museum of Art. The Senior Citizen Organization of Burlingame is a social club that offers games, bazaars and luncheons for residents over 65.
- The cost of living in Burlingame is quite high, 358.9 percent higher than the U.S. average, which might be an issue for seniors living on a budget. Most of this is due to high housing costs but transportation and groceries are also above national averages. Health care costs are slightly below the U.S. median.
- Burlingame is safer than 12 percent of other U.S. cities. Property crime is moderately low with a score of 35.9 out of 100 with 100 representing high crime. Violent crime is even lower with a score of 14.9 out of 100, so seniors can feel safe traveling around the city.
- Burlingame offers a couple of public transportation options for seniors who don’t drive. The Burlingame trolley offers free rides through downtown. SamTrans provides buses with several routes and reduced fares for seniors.
- Seniors on a budget should note that California does tax income from retirement accounts and pensions but social security benefits are exempt.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burlingame
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Burlingame start around $4,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burlingame and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burlingame
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living in Burlingame may apply through the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program, a program that helps seniors transition to assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burlingame
Burlingame and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burlingame, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burlingame
Burlingame-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Burlingame, CA
Other Options in Burlingame, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burlingame
Review of Atria Burlingame
I went to Atria Burlingame. The lady that gave us the tour was very pleasant. She showed us everything we needed to see. It was quick and efficient. It was fine. The community was really nice. It w... Read more
Review of Atria Burlingame
We toured Atria Burlingame. It has great room sizes and nice decks off of each room. It had a gorgeous dining room. The staff was very friendly. The food looks scrumptious. They offered us food, bu... Read more
Review of Atria Burlingame
There's a lot of construction going on in the Atria Burlingame neighborhood. There's a recreation facility across the street that's being completed, and it's going to have some senior activities. T... Read more