Sunrise of San Mateo

Sunrise of San Mateo (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of San Mateo

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of San Mateo

January 12, 2015

Sunrise of San Mateo is an older place. I don't think the location is very good. The lady who took us around definitely put us off. She was nothing to write home about. She was just in a hurry to take us around. We didn't see any rooms. That lady did not show us anything. We took a peek at the dining room, and we looked at the menu. They definitely need better management.

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with more information. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

September 08, 2014

By Sheilah5908

My mom did a respite at Sunrise of San Mateo. It is a really nice facility. This is another beautiful place where natural light comes in. It is very well lit. It is not dingy. It is very high-end but they really take care of everybody. They have around-the-clock care too. They are actually able to help if you're a diabetic. They have a really great activities director who brought in people to do beading with them, as well as painting with the memory care unit. You can have pets in this community. There is a lovebird in a sitting room. They have all-day dining. They have a beautiful dining room. They also have a bistro where they can get juice, cookies and crackers. They have shuttle bus service almost every day of the week. Their rooms are a little bit smaller, but they're very, very nice. Their bathrooms are a really good size for seniors. In every floor, they have a TV in the sitting room. There is a balcony and a patio that you can go out. The nice thing about Sunrise is that they have a garage underneath where family members can park to see their loved ones. They also have a washer and dryer. You can do your own laundry or they'll do it for you. They have a beauty parlor. They have movies every night. They even have a nice fireplace place and a library. Also, Sunrise of San Mateo is in a great location.

May 29, 2014

Sunrise of San Mateo, so far, seems to be the one for my loved one. It looked great. This place was clean. They had a mix of residents who seemed very energetic. The caretakers and care master of the facility were very knowledgeable and seemed to be very caring there. They were very nice. They explained a lot of things to me about dementia and Alzheimer's, signs to look out for, etc., and I was very appreciative of that. The rooms were very nice. I know they have daily activities for residents there. The food looked good too.

May 27, 2014

By caring84268050

The Sunrise of San Mateo was nice, and the people were friendly. They had like a committee of people who live there and were talking about things, what they wanted to change and what worked out, and it seemed very nice. It was a very nice place. They had movies, a book club, and an art class. The place was very convenient for walking because it was on a flat area, and the church that my mom wanted was across the street, so it was good.

January 31, 2014

By Mari5

I love Sunrise of San Mateo. I would love to more in there. It feels like a dorm and maybe my kids would put me there someday. Grandma was there and it's an awesome place. I love the rooms. The staff are great and their food is good. The staff would even watch what you are eating; like when you are diabetic, they would watch your sweets or even your salt intake.

December 26, 2013

By KindyLee

Sunrise of San Mateo was my favorite of all the facilities I visited. That would be my first choice. I think the staff there overall took the most time with us during the tour. Also their interaction with the patients was really genuine. The residents in turn were seeking them out and were comfortable with them. They were also smiling when we visited and seemed to be very comfortable being there.

September 09, 2013

The people at San Mateo are very friendly. The admissions people are the ones who were very friendly, very easy to get along. Help is very good, very well trained, and very nice. We always have food that's very nourishing, and we have loads of choices here.

November 27, 2012

By marcw842

My experience with this facility over the last couple years has been extremely positive. The man at the door is very friendly, as well as the rest of the staff. The residents seem very happy here. I was impressed with the decor and desgin, it felt like a mansion.

November 27, 2012

By j.mic

The assisted living facility that I had visited was just great for my family member. They had everything I could imagine that my family member needed and more. There were all kinds of amenities such as a reading room, tiny courtyard where the patients could get some fresh air, a reading room, a game room, and of course the basic necessities such as a kitchen, dining room, a television room and neighbors. The neighbors had made my family members experience the greatest there. She was always thinking that she would be alone and lonely but once she got there and made some new friends she was happy and fit right in. The level of assistance that she got was amazing from the staff. They provided her with the best service and always made her feel comfortable. Every time I came to visit they would always welcome me and make her feel as if she is the center of attention.

September 02, 2012

By change is needed

My mother resides at this facility. She loves it there her care givers and the caring staff are phenomenal. Dealing with the management is a nightmare. Their only interest is their bottom line. They have tried several times to increase the level of care my mother receives -- they claim to champion their residents independence while adding on charges to the monthly bills for services not needed. Its a shame and their seems to be no one governing how these facilities conduct their business. More than three time in less than 3 years our bill has been adjusted incorrectly. I feel for the seniors that don't have family or a person to watch out for them.

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to know that your mother enjoys her stay with Sunrise. We do take your concerns regarding management seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can learn more and follow up with you. Thanks, Sunrise Team.

June 23, 2011

By BayAreaSW

I was just here a few days ago to speak with the staff (I'm a social worker) and to do a walk through. I've also had clients here--and have gotten feedback from them. This is an assisted living community that also offer memory care. PROS: - It's in a family-oriented residential neighborhood. It's close to shops and a park and is very quiet and nice. - The facility is nice, elegant, with quiet music playing in the lobby. It's medium size. - The rooms -- studios or 1 BR -- are spacious and come either furnished or unfurnished (though they prefer that you bring your own). - All the rooms are private and have big windows. - There's a snack bar downstairs that's always open. - The care staff is extremely friendly, and there's one staff member assigned to each resident for closer supervision. They're all well trained, attentive, caring, and very familiar with each and every resident. - Activities are good: poker, lots of outings, entertainers, tournaments for things like checkers, chess, cards. - The residents tell me the food is great, and they love the snack bar. CONS: - It's right off Camino Real, a busy street. - Parking isn't good. They do have an underground parking lot, but it can be hard to find.

Photos of Sunrise of San Mateo