Elders Inn

Reviews of Elders Inn

Assisted Living Reviews for Elders Inn

September 01, 2014

By Ayse

Elders Inn seemed like a good place. It seemed like a nice, safe place. It was clean. They had activities for the residents and a lot of physical therapy and so forth, so it seemed like a good place. My dad had a private room. It was spacious. He had his own bathroom. We needed to buy a mini-fridge to put in there. They had lot of activities. Every half an hour, it seemed like they had something going on, i.e., musicians performing in the music room, bingo, yoga classes, and things like that. The staff seemed helpful. I would recommend this place to others. My dad was only there for maybe about four or five months.

August 07, 2014

By Kay29

The staff in Elders Inn is capable, friendly, and warm without being too intrusive. It is a safe place for my memory impaired husband where I can care him but help is at hand when needed.

April 28, 2014

They didn’t want my mother-in-law walking around at Elder’s Inn. They didn’t want her ambulatory, and she's ambulatory. The facility was OK. It would work if you're in a wheelchair or on a walker. It was clean. It was all good. They were not willing to deal with her being ambulatory and the dementia. They asked us to move her out. I guess it was homey, but it did not seem very friendly because they didn’t want to help her much.

At the Elders Inn, safety and resident satisfaction are our highest priorities. When we first meet a potential resident, or their family members, we try our best to get to know the resident and their needs before they move in so we can create a plan that ensures person-centered care and quality service. Once a resident moves into our community, we strive to promote and maintain their highest level of independence; and in order to ensure that their plan of care is current and reflects each resident’s needs and wishes, we make sure to include the resident or their responsible party in care plan meetings.

We have residents with a wide range of ambulatory levels at the Elders Inn; some residents are very mobile and walk, drive, or take public transportation daily and some residents require the assistance of walkers or wheelchairs. With a range of ambulatory and care needs, our goal is to promote the highest level of independence, ability, and personal capacity for each resident. Sometimes however, safety, gait function, other ailments affecting fall risks, or mental cognition add complexity to the situation. When faced with a complex issue we insist on meeting with the resident, and their family at their request to come up with a collaborative solution to meet their wishes and care needs. With over 40 years of caring for seniors we try to offer multiple solutions, thus allowing the resident and their family the ability to make informed decisions that best suit their personal needs.

From Stephen Zimmerman, Owner and Operator

January 10, 2014

I liked the Elders Inn but the only problem is that it's a little bit high in price for me. I'd go there twice a week for therapy. It's a nice, quiet place and the people are very nice. They're well kept, well dressed and seems to be upper income. The rooms were nice, the waiting room and the people are very nice. It's a very comfortable place, the area that I saw was immaculately clean. They have a very good facility for rehab, too. I would have no problem if I had to go in there.

Costs for Elders Inn

Photos of Elders Inn

Services and Amenities of Elders Inn

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Elders Inn

Here at Elders Inn, our sun-washed courtyards provide an oasis of calm and beauty, and are just steps away from restaurants and shopping. We are a licensed 52-suite assisted living community where each day offers a variety of experiences in the company of friends.

Elders Inn offers assisted living services on a more intimate scale than many facilities with similar resources. Assisted living residents receive:

• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
  • In-house café serves Peet’s coffee and fresh baked snacks every morning and afternoon
  • 2 loads of personal laundry per week
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Weekly linen changes
  • Local phone service
  • Basic cable television service
  • Basic transportation, including round trip in Alameda each billing cycle
  • Activity program within the facility and planned excursions outside of the facility
  • Supervision and monitoring of activities of daily living
  • Twice weekly showers
  • Assistance with dressing and grooming morning and night
  • Inventory and ordering of medications
  • Assistance with the taking of prescribed medications
  • Observation, care, and supervision as required by regulatory agencies

The Garden Neighborhood of Elders Inn was specially designed to incorporate a delayed egress area for those suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Here we offer a unique activity calendar, special programs, and an enhanced level of care catering to the special requirements of those in need of memory care. The Garden Neighborhood is pet friendly and has dedicated care staff 24 hours a day, a private garden, and a delayed egress entry to help prevent wandering. Residents here receive:

• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
  • Local phone service
  • Basic cable television service
  • Basic transportation, including round trip in Alameda each billing cycle
  • Specialized activity program
  • Escort to and from daily activities and meals
  • Supervision and monitoring of activities of daily living
  • Twice weekly showers
  • Assistance with dressing and grooming morning and night
  • Inventory and ordering of medications
  • Assistance with the taking of prescribed medications
  • Observation, care, and supervision as required by regulatory agencies.

We are proud to offer a full schedule of live music, art classes, educational discussions, and customized fitness classes, to help create many opportunities for our residents to remain active and forge new friendships.

Map of Elders Inn