Waters Edge Lodge

Reviews of Waters Edge Lodge

Assisted Living Reviews for Waters Edge Lodge

June 17, 2016

By Courtney164165

Came in for a tour of the facility to see if it would be a match for my grandma. It was so welcoming. When we arrived, it literally smelled like chocolate chip cookies. The residents were so nice and engaging. My grandma isn't ready to move yet, but she knows Waters Edge is her first choice.

May 10, 2016

By Betty127635650

Wonderful place to live.

December 21, 2015

By Sarah Oconnell

I love this house and the people are so nice & helpful. They take good care of us. We have plenty of things to do. The food is good. The people who work here are caring and helpful.

December 18, 2015

By F. Kofranek

Waters Edge Lodge welcomes residents as family. All staff knows each resident and cheerfully assist them. I’ve lived at The Lodge for 2 ¼ years. I’m 93 years old and I hope to live to 100 years on this warmth and caring community.

December 16, 2015

By Mitzi5

Waters Edge Lodge is a wonderful residence for seniors who are mobile. It is close to a small shopping centre and along a beautiful waterway. The staff is exceptional and there are many activities that residents can participate in. The fees are reasonable. My father was here for 8 years and was well cared for.

April 29, 2014

We're very happy with the service at Waters Edge, and we think that they are very attentive and kind. My mom's room is small, but she has a very nice view. She likes the food, so I would say that the food is OK. They have music every day, they have various classes, and they have outside events that they organize. I like the location because it is close to my home. I talked to some other family members who had their parents there, and I got really personal feedback. I like the size: not too big, not too small.

Independent Living Reviews for Waters Edge Lodge

Questions about Waters Edge Lodge

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Waters Edge Lodge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average is late 70's to mid 80's. With our Leisure Living category which we added in 2016 ( "independent living" like), the average age is starting at a younger set point. Residents love the daily music concerts and the robust choices for exercise.

What programs or activities does Waters Edge Lodge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a Parkinson's specialty. Also an Exercise Rehabilitation wellness center on site which has significantly reduced falls.

What places are near Waters Edge Lodge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping center with Safeway, CVS, lots of great restaurants, public library, tennis courts, Alameda Park & Rec community center, religious communities. BEAUTIFUL flat walking path to the bay, safe and protected.

What transportation services does Waters Edge Lodge offer to assisted living residents?

For a fee we can take people to appointments and there is a free Alameda Senior Shuttle on Wednesdays that stops at The Lodge and circles the island.

What makes the chef or dining program at Waters Edge Lodge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Scratch cooking that feels like home. Yummy cooking that feels like Mom made it.

What safety features or security measures does Waters Edge Lodge offer to assisted living residents?

First the external community is one of the safest in the Bay Area. We lock our doors after 6:00 and ask that residents sign in and out.

How does Waters Edge Lodge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

AEC Living has a monthly newsletter. We are always available for a conversation. If there are any changes we call family immediately.

If Waters Edge Lodge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have locked protected courtyards to hang out with poochies. And the immediate area outside the building is some of the best dog walking in the area. Flat and quiet.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have a very strict schedule of ongoing training and yearly retraining for staff.

What safety features or security measures does Waters Edge Lodge provide to protect residents who wander?

At present we do not have wander guard, but will be coming in the next year 2018. We do not admit residents who are "wander risks"

Costs for Waters Edge Lodge

Photos of Waters Edge Lodge

Services and Amenities of Waters Edge Lodge

• Fee Structure Extra: 2,800

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Studio Apartments; Standard & Large Studios

• State Licenses: 0?11440777

About Waters Edge Lodge

Island life at it's best! Off the beaten path but close to everything you need. The ​Lodge is nestled on ​peaceful ​lagoon ​on Bay Farm within Harbor Bay. ​ Our 101 apartments provide a warm and familiar atmosphere where residents can maintain an independent and active lifestyle. We offer an extensive list of programs and activities, creating a stimulating social atmosphere where friendships develop and thrive. Residents may also enjoy the many walking trails in the community or visit one of the many professional services, cafes, shops and major stores at Harbor Bay Landing Shopping Center located next door.

ROOM AND HOUSING OPTIONS

RANGE OF SERVICES

• Occupational Therapy
  • Speech Therapy ​
  • Post Surgery Rehab

The Lodge provides exceptional care that roots from wonderful staff who have stayed and committed to the work. There is an out of the ordinary low turnover of staff, with many who have worked for the company for 5 to 25 years. Lovely gardens; peaceful and striking? view overlooking the lagoon, and an exceptional activities program, The Lodge has set an industry standard in residential care for more than 25 years.

Map of Waters Edge Lodge