86 Assisted Living Facilities near Cupertino, CA
There are 86 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cupertino area, with 2 in Cupertino and 84 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 354 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cupertino. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cupertino 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Campbell with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cupertino, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cupertino, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cupertino
Located in Silicone Valley, Cupertino, California, is home to over 60,000 residents, and 13 percent of the population is 65 or older. This city is home to both Apple and Hollyhill Hummingbird Farm, making it a contrast in technology and sustainability.
There are 85 assisted living facilities in the area along with two communities within the city limits, giving seniors plenty of options. In California and Cupertino, the California Department of Social Services handles all of the licensing and oversight of assisted living facilities and refers to them as residential care facilities (RCFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cupertino
- Seniors can easily navigate the area on buses through the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA). There are several routes and a couple of dedicated shuttles. If a senior wants to go into San Francisco, BART and Caltrain provide buses and light rail service.
- Cupertino is a safe city for seniors and their families. The overall crime rate is 42 percent lower than California's average and 37 percent lower than the national average. The violent crime rate is 72 percent lower than the national average.
- The Cupertino area is home to world-class medical facilities, including El Camino Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cupertino offers moderate temperatures throughout the year so active seniors can spend time outdoors. In the winter months, the average temperature hovers between the high 50s and the low 60s. Summer temperatures average in the mid-70s. The area experiences a rainy season of over seven months with little accumulation.
- This city offers a selection of arts and cultural opportunities. Seniors may enjoy outings to the Euphrat Museum of Art to see an exhibit or to Shakespeare in the Park in the summer months for a classic play.
- Living in Cupertino is expensive, and seniors need a healthy income to live in the area. The overall cost of living is 366 percent higher than the national average and 68 percent higher than the state's average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cupertino
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Cupertino start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cupertino and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cupertino
For seniors who live in Cupertino or in other parts of California and need help covering the costs of an assisted living facility, there is Medi-Cal, a program within the state's Medicaid program. There are also the Assisted Living Waiver and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to provide additional options for seniors to handle the costs of RCFs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cupertino
Cupertino and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cupertino, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cupertino
Cupertino-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cupertino, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cupertino
Review of Sunny View
We placed my father-in-law at Sunny View and he's happy there. It seemed really good, we didn't smell any urine, and it seemed very clean. The residents are very nice to each other, and the employe... Read more
Review of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio
We have lived at The Forum for eight years and love it. You do have to purchase a unit but if you live here about eight years you tend to get all your money back when sold. Meals are excellent and ... Read more
Review of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio
The Forum was a pretty neat place. It's probably one of the higher priced options for assisted care, but it is really nice overall. The staff was friendly. The place was clean and very engaging. Yo... Read more