84 Assisted Living Facilities near Saratoga, CA
There are 84 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saratoga area, with 3 in Saratoga and 81 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saratoga is $4,228 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 334 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saratoga. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saratoga 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cupertino with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saratoga, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saratoga, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saratoga
Saratoga is a picturesque town tucked away in the trees of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Around 30,000 people call Saratoga home and around 20 percent of them are aged 65 and over and in need of an assisted living facility. These communities provide support to local seniors who may not be able to fully undertake the activities of daily living themselves.
In Saratoga, there are three of these communities, with a further 80 located nearby. Assisted living facilities in the area, much like the rest of California, are regulated and licensed by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saratoga
- Saratoga is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Saratoga has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Los Gatos.
- Saratoga has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Joan Pisani Community Center, an organization that hosts a variety of activities for seniors to keep them active and part of the community.
- Crime is reported at a much lower rate in Saratoga than the nationwide averages. On a scale of 1 to 100, where 1 represents the lowest crime rates, violent crime in the area scores 10.7 and property crime scores 19.2. This is considerably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. As such, this area may prove to be an appealing option for seniors mindful of crime.
- Residents of Saragota can generally take advantage of pleasant weather throughout the entire year. On average, the July high is around 85 degrees and the January low is 39. The city also gets 257 sunny days a year compared to the national average of 205, which may make Saratoga an appealing option.
- Saratoga has an average cost of living that's substantially more expensive than the national average. The fact that it's around 475 percent more expensive than the national average to live here is based almost entirely on the price of housing, which is a whopping 1520 percent more expensive than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saratoga
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Saratoga start around $4,228 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saratoga and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saratoga
Medi-Cal, which is California's Medicaid program, can help seniors living in Saratoga who meet the eligibility criteria pay for the cost of an assisted living facility, specifically with the Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saratoga
Saratoga and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saratoga, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saratoga
Saratoga-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Saratoga, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saratoga
Review of Saratoga Retirement Community
Saratoga Retirement Community was a very nice facility. My brother really liked it. The rooms were big. The tour was good, and the tour guide was very nice. My brother takes insulin for diabetes an... Read more
Review of Saratoga Retirement Community
We visited Saratoga, and it’s very spacious; the dining room was large. They have an indoor pool -- and that’s a real plus -- and they had a nice gym. Read more
Review of Our Lady of Fatima Villa
Our Lady of Fatima Villa – Assisted Living was really nice. Mom was there for almost eight years. They had good activities, and we really liked the people. The facilities were really nice. They had... Read more