The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

Reviews of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

Assisted Living Reviews for The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

July 22, 2011

By Jack Alexander

It's in Rancho San Antonio, right up in the hills. There is public transportation, but there are no stores right in the immediate surrounding area. The grounds are very beautiful "“ it's nestled in the foothills. There are outdoor patios and places to sit. The common areas are well kept up and well furnished. They have a library and a computer lab. The residents own or rent their own villas or apartments. I haven't been inside any of them, but it's a very beautiful place and location The staff members that I know are nice. I had one meal there, and it was really delicious. The activities sounded good too.

Independent Living Reviews for The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

March 07, 2022

By Emelia R.

As the adult child of a resident at the Forum I can say unequivocally that it was the best decision my mother made for herself. After my father passed, I was worried about her increased loneliness, as well as the increased burden of managing her home. I mean, maintaining the garden, the cooking for one, the paperwork of paying bills each month, the grocery shopping, trying to drive out to see her friends or to doc appointment, etc. It started to worry me since I have a family and job to manage as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see that immediately after she moved in, the sense of community and connection was right there for her. And the conveniences and services at the Forum are incredible -- enabling my mom to focus on the things she wants to focus on without the overhead of managing your own household. It's the best of both worlds. Hopefully, I'll be able to move in there when I'm her age.

Emelia, thank you for sharing your mother's experience and for the five star review. At The Forum, we take care of the little things, so our residents have the freedom to pursue the activities and relationships that make life worthwhile. We look forward to having you as a future resident!

February 19, 2022

By PEH

The beauty of The Forum’s campus, the spacious and well-designed apartments and villas, the inviting common areas—all these are obvious on a first visit. What’s not obvious, what has to be experienced in order to appreciate it, is the warmth, the intellectual stimulation, and the communal spirit of The Forum’s residential community. We lived in our previous home for five decades, it was perfect for us in every way, and we expected to have a certain amount of nostalgia, looking back. But no, from the very first day we felt so much at home, so welcomed, so busy with Forum activities, that we’ve never looked back. If you move here, you won’t either.

We appreciate the fantastic feedback and are so pleased to hear that you have found your new perfect home with us. At The Forum we are fortunate to have a one-of-a-kind location and one-of-a-kind people, like you!

November 02, 2021

By WoodShop guy

We initially moved to The Forum for practical reasons: we needed to ensure we had a plan in place for healthcare in the event one or both of us needed additional care. We also had two relatives with happy experiences at The Forum—both in independent and assisted living. We simply could not find a similar facility on a par with The Forum in the area. It was an easy decision. However, after moving to The Forum, we had even more reasons for being happy with our decision. The camaraderie among residents, the friendliness of the staff and management team, and the array of activities for continuing to enjoy life all add up to the best possible situation for us. The WoodShop, the fitness programs, and programs with a wide range of stimulating outings and talks have enriched our lives.

Thank you for sharing your experience here at The Forum. It seems that you're enjoying every bit we have to offer and more.

September 09, 2021

By Eimi

The Forum at Rancho San Antonio is beautiful. The people we ran into were also very friendly, and the place was beautifully kept up. It's a beautiful place to live under any circumstances, and I think most anybody would like to live there. They have a variety of activities. Almost anything that you would want to participate in was available there. They had exercise, arts, clubs, social activities, and card games. Everything is within walking distance within the structure of the building itself, so that made it much simpler than having to decide to go someplace. For people who are getting ready to retire from a single living or separate living, I think that it's very helpful to have a place like this available for those of us getting older. I did not eat there, but the menu looked tasty. The room was very beautiful. It was very nice.

Thank you so much for the kind words and sharing your experience during your visit.

June 14, 2021

By Edith T

I have lived at The Forum for 13 years now and I still find joy in life every day here. Even though the pandemic required our Management Team to keep us all in a lockdown situation, every effort was made to keep us well fed, comfortable and safe. We are so proud of the fact that there were no cases of Covid at all in our Independent Living apartments and villas. We (the other residents and I), attribute that outcome to the constant hard work and attention paid by the staff to keeping us well. The residents were happy to comply with the restrictions imposed because we knew it was for our own well being. We are so glad to be opened up more now and to be able to visit with friends and family again. The Forum is a wonderful place to be living!

We're looking forward to getting back to our community activities and events as well. Thank you so much for the kind words, Edith. Navigating everything that has happened during these unprecedented times has been challenging, but we're happy to hear that you've been pleased with how our community has handled the situation. So thank you.

February 23, 2021

By A. Davis

We love the people at The Forum, residents and staff. We enjoy the convenient location, the beautiful surroundings and our pretty apartment home. Our dog is very happy here!

Thank you so much for your kinds words. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience here at The Forum. But knowing your dog is happy too...well, that certainly brings a smile to our faces. We always aim to please everyone. Dogs included.

February 21, 2021

By sueh

My husband and I moved to The Forum at Rancho San Antonio, Cupertino in 2000. When we moved here Nancy K. had an Administrator job at the Health Care Center and when a job opening occurred in the Director's office she applied and was hired. Nancy continued her education and received advanced degrees which enabled her to take over the Associate Executive Director job at The Forum. She is now the Executive Director. Nancy K. is very dedicated to all her responsibilites. No matter what time I send a note to Nancy she always responds with an answer of who to contact, or takes care of the matter herself. Even when she goes home she will answer notes, which I feel is exceptional. I am so grateful that we chose The Forum at Rancho San Antonio in Cupertino as our residence and appreciate all that Nancy K. does for us.

As long-time residents to our community, we value your feedback and will share your kind words with Nancy. Thank you so much, Sue.

February 03, 2021

By James

My mother was in The Forum at Rancho San Antonio. It's excellent, but a unique one, you have equity in the condominium or villa, or whatever you choose to live there, and most places don't. Mother is in independent living, but my father lived there, I've seen their assisted living, and I've seen they're now putting in a dementia-type facility. They have maid service when you're in an independent living situation, pools, activities. The food is excellent, they actually charge very little for visitors, they had planned, I think to charge outsiders less to eat in their dining room, which is good, I think it brings visitors here. It's a very nice place, it's not cheap, a condo is probably gonna cost you a million bucks.

Hi James! Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your mother and father's experience.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

October 28, 2020

By Mim G

My husband and I made one of the best decisions of our lives when we came to the Forum at Rancho San Antonio Retirement Community in 2007. We found a very interesting life for ourselves here in a vibrant, talented community of people from different backgrounds. When my husband became ill, an overwhelming number of people were extraordinarily kindly and supportive. My husband received excellent care in the Skilled Nursing Section of the Forum's Health Care Center for three years until his death in 2014. I don't know how I could have endured that time had we been elsewhere. Nurses and staff became family. I visited him daily for meals. Deep and abiding friendships sustain me and volunteer work here give me purpose. Staff care for us nobly during the pandemic; no resident has had Covid-19. At 91 I count myself lucky to be here where I am a proud happy resident. Mim G.

Mim, we appreciate you entrusting us with your well-being through both good times and challenging periods. Your husband was an amazing man and losing a spouse is never easy. Your strength and resilience continue to inspire us. What's special about our community is you can always count on people to be there for you at all times, and we count ourselves lucky to have such a supportive culture. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience.

August 21, 2017

By David

The Forum is a beautiful place, we have a friend who lives there, but it was not compatible with us. I felt it was not a good environment. They had a nice exercise room and a small woodworking shop (which I would find very attractive). They had a pool and various kinds of entertainment. We had dinner there and the food was delicious. The apartments were very nice as well.

October 01, 2014

We picked the Forum for my mom. It was a nice place. The staff was very professional, very caring, and very empathetic. The rooms were very nice. My mom is in the nursing home part, but they had the cottages and other areas. It was well-maintained and we got to see the actual room where my mom would be. The food was excellent and the dining area was very nice. They have exercise, Bingo, crafts and movie nights. They could improve on the wait time to get to the services. The safety and security is excellent.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

• Pool

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: All Pets

• State Licenses: 435200344

About The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

The Forum at Rancho San Antonio is a senior living provider in Cupertino, California that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact The Forum at Rancho San Antonio for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio