The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

Reviews of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

Assisted Living Reviews for The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

July 22, 2011

By Jack Alexander

It's in Rancho San Antonio, right up in the hills. There is public transportation, but there are no stores right in the immediate surrounding area. The grounds are very beautiful "“ it's nestled in the foothills. There are outdoor patios and places to sit. The common areas are well kept up and well furnished. They have a library and a computer lab. The residents own or rent their own villas or apartments. I haven't been inside any of them, but it's a very beautiful place and location The staff members that I know are nice. I had one meal there, and it was really delicious. The activities sounded good too.

Independent Living Reviews for The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

February 21, 2021

By sueh

My husband and I moved to The Forum at Rancho San Antonio, Cupertino in 2000. When we moved here Nancy K. had an Administrator job at the Health Care Center and when a job opening occurred in the Director's office she applied and was hired. Nancy continued her education and received advanced degrees which enabled her to take over the Associate Executive Director job at The Forum. She is now the Executive Director. Nancy K. is very dedicated to all her responsibilites. No matter what time I send a note to Nancy she always responds with an answer of who to contact, or takes care of the matter herself. Even when she goes home she will answer notes, which I feel is exceptional. I am so grateful that we chose The Forum at Rancho San Antonio in Cupertino as our residence and appreciate all that Nancy K. does for us.

As long-time residents to our community, we value your feedback and will share your kind words with Nancy. Thank you so much, Sue.

February 19, 2021

By Nick Carter

We initially moved to The Forum for practical reasons: we needed to ensure we had a plan in place for healthcare in the event one or both of us needed additional care. We also had two relatives with happy experiences at The Forum—both in independent and assisted living. We simply could not find a similar facility on a par with The Forum in the area. It was an easy decision. However, after moving to The Forum, we had even more reasons for being happy with our decision. The camaraderie among residents, the friendliness of the staff and management team, and the array of activities for continuing to enjoy life all add up to the best possible situation for us. The WoodShop, the fitness programs, and programs with a wide range of stimulating outings and talks have enriched our lives.

Thank you so much for your kind words Nick. We're so happy to hear how pleased you are with your experience here at The Forum. We look forward to continuing to enrich your life in many more ways to come.

February 18, 2021

By Harry Cook

Our move to The Forum Feb 26, 2020 was: —At the right time. —For the right reasons. Soooo you ask...”why now for you and what were your reasons?” Buckle up and let’s get started! —- We lived in our previous home in Redwood Shores on a wide beautiful SF Bay Lagoon for 27 years of our 29 year long marriage. We have so many wonderful loving memories of sitting in our back yard deck watching the swans, egrets, pelicans, geese and many other types of wild life. We both are outgoing, happy adventurers with a love of hiking, jogging, meeting new people, making and sharing new adventures in life! I am a outdoors type of geologist and my wife Nancy is a very adventuresome gal. —We looked around at a wide array of “retirement resident facilities” throughout the Bay Area and beyond. Facilities that would fit our total way of physical and emotional life. —The Forum At Rancho San Antonio fit us perfectly... it has Independent living beautiful apartments and separate beautiful Villas. Not only does it have Independent living facilities it has full healthcare facilities when and if needed. —- But, that’s only the tip of the iceberg...The other ~500 residents here are such a broad array of interesting people from all walks of life, professions, and life long experiences!! We love meeting new residents on our daily hikes and in different venues around The Forum’s 50+Acres of hiking trails, sidewalks, meeting rooms, etc. etc. — The Forum’s ~350 staff are a marvel and so very friendly and knowledgeable in their own right that they add a wonderful flavor to the entire experience of living here. — Did I mention the food, activities, library, health club, etc.? — We have a gourmet kitchen staff and the menu of food choices WE choose are heavenly and healthy. —There are breakfast, lunch and dinner food choices to fit different health issues a person may have! — Many residents have pets that are most welcome...I’m a dog person and I love seeing the dogs on the trails with their “mommy and daddies”. — Well...I’m going to say goodbye for now. If you decide The Forum is a Good Fit for you I’d love to meet you when you arrive! I really mean it. Cheers, Happy Harry

Wow Harry, we're so happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience. Clearly you and your wife are taking advantage of all we have to offer here at The Forum. Congratulations on your one year anniversary of making this big move. We're so happy to have you as part of our community.

February 03, 2021

By James

My mother was in The Forum at Rancho San Antonio. It's excellent, but a unique one, you have equity in the condominium or villa, or whatever you choose to live there, and most places don't. Mother is in independent living, but my father lived there, I've seen their assisted living, and I've seen they're now putting in a dementia-type facility. They have maid service when you're in an independent living situation, pools, activities. The food is excellent, they actually charge very little for visitors, they had planned, I think to charge outsiders less to eat in their dining room, which is good, I think it brings visitors here. It's a very nice place, it's not cheap, a condo is probably gonna cost you a million bucks.

Hi James! Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your mother and father's experience.

January 18, 2021

By Jean Fickett

I have lived at the Forum for six years and have so enjoyed the friendships, the staff who seem like extended family, the services offered and the facilities available. Sometimes I feel like I am on an extended cruise! Jean Fickett

Wow Jean, an extended cruise! What fun! Our goal has always been to provide our residents an experience that makes living here feel like a vacation. And clearly based on your response, we're doing just that. So thank you for sharing.

January 12, 2021

By Fran Conley

There are so many reasons why living here is advantageous, but, in the current environment a major one is receiving the Covid-19 vaccine inoculation very early in the roll out process. And, of course, the safety protocols that The Forum put in place for the last several months have been reassuring and successful. Of course, we are looking forward to getting back to regular robust fitness, educational and social schedules!

We're looking forward to getting back to our community activities and events as well. Thank you so much for the kind words, Fran. Navigating everything that has happened during these unprecedented times has been challenging, but we're happy to hear that you've been pleased with how our community has handled the situation. So thank you.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

January 08, 2021

By Gilwo

When we were thinking about living at The Forum, my wife was worried that I wouldn’t have enough to do. Now I’m busier than she is. The Woodshop looked much bigger and better equipped than my own home workshop in our old garage. And it has turned out to be a fabulous resource for me. Some of the signage call it the Hobbyshop. Very accurate. The Open Space Rancho San Antonio Park incorporates an airfield for radio controlled airplanes. I’ve never flown RC but as a teenager I built many models of airplanes, boats and trains. I’ve always wanted to learn to fly RC airplanes but I never had the time. At the Forum, I can make the time. Well, there are many things competing but I can make the time. The third thing I never anticipated at all before we moved in but it turns out to be very true. I have gotten to know and have fun with many more people here that I ever did living in Palo Alto where I knew perhaps 20 neighbors by name . After about eight months at The Forum, I went through the picture book and discovered that I could recall the names of about 180 people. We’ve dined together, worked on projects together, played Trivia, played Bocce Ball, built things in the Woodshop, exercised in the Sierra Room, gone to art show openings, become familiar with the emergency evacuation procedures, and hiked trails in the park.

Wow! 180 people! That's fabulous. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying all the activities and amenities The Forum has to offer. But hearing how much you continue to enjoy meeting and making new friends here is music to our ears. Thank you so much for sharing!

January 06, 2021

By Anne Moulds

I moved to The Forum from the East Bay five years ago this December to be closer to family members. I felt welcomed from the very beginning and have made many wonderful friends. I have had the opportunity to serve on the Resident Council as my building’s representative, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and learned a lot about the community. I also enjoy being a member of the Ambiance and Programs committees. The Forum offers many opportunities to serve our community, enjoy personal activities of your choice, the list is endless. I can’t imagine living anywhere else, I love it here!

Oh Anne, we couldn't imagine you living anywhere else either! You're such a valued member to not only the Resident Council and Ambiance & Programs committees - but to our entire community as a whole. Thank you.

October 28, 2020

By Mim G

My husband and I made one of the best decisions of our lives when we came to the Forum at Rancho San Antonio Retirement Community in 2007. We found a very interesting life for ourselves here in a vibrant, talented community of people from different backgrounds. When my husband became ill, an overwhelming number of people were extraordinarily kindly and supportive. My husband received excellent care in the Skilled Nursing Section of the Forum's Health Care Center for three years until his death in 2014. I don't know how I could have endured that time had we been elsewhere. Nurses and staff became family. I visited him daily for meals. Deep and abiding friendships sustain me and volunteer work here give me purpose. Staff care for us nobly during the pandemic; no resident has had Covid-19. At 91 I count myself lucky to be here where I am a proud happy resident. Mim G.

Mim, we appreciate you entrusting us with your well-being through both good times and challenging periods. Your husband was an amazing man and losing a spouse is never easy. Your strength and resilience continue to inspire us. What's special about our community is you can always count on people to be there for you at all times, and we count ourselves lucky to have such a supportive culture. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience.

August 21, 2017

By David

The Forum is a beautiful place, we have a friend who lives there, but it was not compatible with us. I felt it was not a good environment. They had a nice exercise room and a small woodworking shop (which I would find very attractive). They had a pool and various kinds of entertainment. We had dinner there and the food was delicious. The apartments were very nice as well.

October 01, 2014

We picked the Forum for my mom. It was a nice place. The staff was very professional, very caring, and very empathetic. The rooms were very nice. My mom is in the nursing home part, but they had the cottages and other areas. It was well-maintained and we got to see the actual room where my mom would be. The food was excellent and the dining area was very nice. They have exercise, Bingo, crafts and movie nights. They could improve on the wait time to get to the services. The safety and security is excellent.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

• Pool

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• Pets: All Pets

• State Licenses: 435200344

About The Forum at Rancho San Antonio

The Forum at Rancho San Antonio is a senior living provider in Cupertino, California that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact The Forum at Rancho San Antonio for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Forum at Rancho San Antonio