78 Assisted Living Facilities near Milpitas, CA
There are 78 Assisted Living Facilities in the Milpitas area, with 4 in Milpitas and 74 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Milpitas is $4,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Santa Clara with an average starting cost of $4,247.
To help you with your search, browse the 288 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Milpitas. Better rated regions include Santa Clara with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Milpitas, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Milpitas, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Milpitas
Milpitas is a vibrant community with an array of activities and programs for seniors, including water exercise and swim lessons, enrichment classes and day trips. This city is home to roughly 67,000 residents, approximately 12 percent of whom are aged 65 and over.
Local seniors have three assisted living facilities to choose from, and the surrounding area is home to an additional 75 facilities. In Milpitas, as in all of the state, assisted living facilities are officially referred to as residential care facilities for the elderly. These facilities are licensed and monitored by the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Milpitas
- The sales tax and income tax rates in California are relatively high compared to the rest of the nation, which may be a concern for some seniors who are interested in moving to Milpitas from outside of the state. While Social Security benefits are not taxed here, all other types of retirement income are fully taxable.
- According to data gathered by the American Lung Association, Milpitas' air quality is relatively poor. Santa Clara County was given an F for ozone pollution and a C for short-term particle pollution. This may affect the quality of life of seniors with certain health conditions.
- The Milpitas area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Valley Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Milpitas has a mild, comfortable climate, with year-round temperatures ranging between 43 and 83 degrees. The warm season lasts from early June to mid-October and the cool season lasts from late November to early February. The city's comfortable year-round temperatures may appeal to active seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Milpitas is safer than 21 percent of U.S. cities of all sizes and 30 percent of California cities of all sizes. However, when compared only to communities with similar population sizes, Milpitas' crime rate is near the median. Even so, independent seniors may still want to take safety precautions, especially when they're out alone.
- Milpitas is a very expensive place to live, even by California's standards. The cost of living here is 162 percent higher than the national average and almost 100 percent higher than the state average. This may be a concern for seniors on a tight budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Milpitas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Milpitas start around $4,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Milpitas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Milpitas
Seniors in Milpitas who meet income and asset restrictions may receive financial assistance with assisted living expenses through the state's Medicaid program, called Medi-Cal, an Assisted Living Waiver program or through Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Milpitas
Milpitas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Milpitas, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Milpitas
Milpitas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.