78 Assisted Living Facilities near Dublin, CA
There are 78 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dublin area, with 7 in Dublin and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dublin is $5,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Pleasanton with an average starting cost of $4,793.
To help you with your search, browse the 320 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dublin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dublin 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pleasanton with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dublin, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Dublin, CA
71 Assisted Living Facilities near Dublin, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dublin
Named for the large number of Irish people who once lived there, Dublin is the second fastest-growing city in the state of California. Nearly 61,000 people call Dublin home, 8.7 percent of whom are age 65 and older. Seniors who need support with daily living activities can choose from six assisted living facilities in Daly City and another 70 in nearby communities.
In Dublin as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dublin
- Dublin has a comfortable year-round climate. With 262 sunny days per year and only 19 inches of rain, it’s no wonder Sperling’s Comfort Index scores Dublin’s climate an 83 out of 100. The summer high in July is about 88 degrees, and winter’s low in January is 37.
- The Dublin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Stanford Health Care - ValleyCare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Dublin is located in Alameda County with an air quality grade of “F” from the American Lung Association for ozone pollutions and a “C” for particle pollution. This can make it difficult for seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses to enjoy time outdoors.
- Security-conscious seniors find violent and property crime rates in Dublin that are significantly lower than the U.S. average. The city’s violent crime index is 11, compared to the national average of 22.7. Property crime in Dublin ranks 26.7, which is lower than the national average of 35.4.
- The cost of living in Dublin is nearly 128 percent higher than the average U.S. city, with housing prices being mostly to blame. Seniors will also pay more for transportation, groceries and utilities in Dublin than the national averages.
- Dublin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Dublin Senior Center and the Senior Support Program of the Tri-Valley. The SSPTV is comprised of approximately 100 volunteers who provide over 4,000 visits and 5,000 phone visits a year to seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dublin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Dublin start around $5,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dublin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dublin
California's Medicaid system, or Medi-Cal, offers four programs to help seniors pay for assisted living. The Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) is currently available in 15 California counties, including Alameda County. The program helps seniors who are eligible for nursing home care to live in an assisted living facility. The program does not cover room and board, but services such as personal care assistance, medication administration and prepared meals are covered.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dublin
Dublin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dublin, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Dublin Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dublin
Dublin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dublin
Review of Angels Ilie & Maria Golden Age Care
I have been in Angels Golden Age Care for three years now. It's owned by a family and has been extended to accommodate patients like myself. It could probably take up to six to seven people. It is ... Read more