104 Assisted Living Facilities near Carson, CA
There are 104 Assisted Living Facilities in the Carson area, with 7 in Carson and 97 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Carson is $2,650 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 283 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Carson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Carson 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Harbor City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Carson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Carson, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carson
Carson is located in Los Angeles County in close proximity to the Los Angeles International Airport. Seniors interested in finding assisted living communities in this area will find six located in Carson and 52 in surrounding areas such as of Torrance Harbour City, Redondo Beach and Long Beach. In Carson, as well as throughout the state of California, facilities providing assisted living services to the elderly are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). They are licensed and regulated to ensure strict safety and care standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carson
- Carson's climate is much warmer in the wintertime than many other cities in the U.S. in January, Carson sees an average temperature of 47.9 degrees while the U.S. average is only 22.6 degrees. Summer months see a more comfortable average of about 79 degrees, while many the national average is slightly warmer at 86.1 degrees. Seniors who are sensitive to extreme heat and cold will find the weather in Carson to be very comfortable.
- The Carson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of California is senior-friendly when it comes to income tax. Taxes aren't deducted from social security income, meaning seniors have more available funds to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
Carson Circuit provides safe bus routes throughout the city, as well as dial-a-ride services. Senior citizens ride public bus routes for free.
- When compared with the rest of California and the U.S. national average, Carson has a high rate of violent crimes. In Carson, 5.56 violent crimes are reported yearly for every 1,000 residents, while in the state of California only 4.45 are reported. Both of these numbers are above the national average of 4 reported violent crimes for every 1,000 residents. Vulnerable seniors may prefer to consider a safer location.
- Although Carson's overall cost of living is 42.4 percent higher than the U.S. average, seniors in the city will save on health care expenses, which are 7 percent lower than the U.S. average cost.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Carson start around $2,650 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carson
Eligible seniors in California can receive assistance paying for the cost of services in residential care facilities under the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver. If they require further assistance with the cost of room and aboard, an optional supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is available and can be applied for as well. Seniors receiving Medicaid may not be charged room and board fees that exceed their combined OSS and SSI less a personal needs allowance of $131 monthly.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carson
Carson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carson, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carson
Carson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Carson, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carson
Review of Amazing Paradise Home Care
Amazing Paradise Home Care gave me a very nice tour. The place is clean and they gave me an idea of what they do there. The staff was professional, I think it may have been the owner. I'm consideri... Read more
Review of Amazing Paradise Home Care
Amazing Paradise Home Care is caring for my dad. He is bed-bound, so it is complete care. It is clean and very nice. It's very good. They really follow up; they keep you posted about things. They'r... Read more
Review of Carson Senior Assisted Living
Carson Senior Assisted Living needed remodelling, the rooms were old and dirty, and even the TV room the men were sitting in. I believe they're doing some painting and updates there, but they need ... Read more