71 Assisted Living Facilities near Norco, CA
There are 71 Assisted Living Facilities in the Norco area, with 2 in Norco and 69 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 332 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Norco. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Norco 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eastvale with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Norco, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Norco, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Norco
The city of Norco, California, part of Riverside County, earned the nickname "Horsetown USA" for having one of the largest networks of horse trails in the nation. The city provides seniors with two local assisted living facilities (ALFs) and 56 nearby. The State of California calls these facilities Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCF). Each facility is licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD), which also oversees all operations, activities of daily living (ADL), transportation affiliates and medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Norco
- While residents of Norco have a similar cost of living compared to the state average, this is inflated mainly due to housing. Seniors looking into assisted living may not be worried about real estate and could benefit from other expense benefits, including both cheaper health care by 8 percent and groceries by 5.4 percent. This cost can add up to long-term savings for seniors living on a fixed income.
- Seniors in Norco experience unhealthy air quality levels that can interfere with commonly known lung and general respiratory problems. The Air Quality Index (AQI) shows that wildfires and seasonal changes are the common occurrences for poor air quality levels.
- Norco is considered relatively unsafe when comparing violent crime, property crime and crimes per square mile collectively. It is only safer than 18 percent of other US cities and has a crime rate higher than 76 percent of the cities and towns of comparable size in the state.
- While seniors enjoy mild year-round temperatures in Norco, they also experience elevated levels of rain during the coldest months, December and January. Rainfall can exceed 11 inches during this period, putting a damper on many outdoor recreations for seniors.
- The Riverside Transit Agency provides Norco residents with bus transportation and offer a discounted fee to locals aged 60 and up. Seniors are also able to apply for Dial-a-Ride for easy door-pickup transportation.
- Norco has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Norco Department of Parks, Recreation and Community, an organization that provides leisure programs and services to seniors 50 and up at the Rose M. Eldridge Senior Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Norco
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Norco start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Norco and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Norco
Norco seniors have the same options as other Californians when it comes to receiving financial assistance for assisted living. Eligible seniors can apply for the California Medi-Cal (Medicaid) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) or two state programs, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS), to receive aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Norco
Norco and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Norco, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Norco
Norco-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Norco
Review of Blossom Acres
We decided to stop in to see Blossom Acres assisted living facility while searching for a place for an acquaintance to live in the area. The outside looked well maintained, with plenty of nice sea... Read more