54 Assisted Living Facilities near Corona, CA
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Corona area, with 14 in Corona and 40 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Corona is $3,197 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 206 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Corona. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corona 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eastvale with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Corona find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corona, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Corona, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corona
Located in western Riverside County 45 minutes from Los Angeles, Corona, known as "The Circle City," has a population of over 101,000 with 10 percent ages 65 and over. Seniors who can no longer live independently may want to look into one of Corona's 13 residential care facilities (RCF). The California Department of Social Services (CDSS), Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) monitors and regulates each RCF to ensure proper care and safety of residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corona
- Corona's violent crime rates are 400 times lower than both the national and state average, with residents facing only a 1 in 897 chance of being a victim of one. Seniors who prioritize safety will be satisfied in Corona.
- In the city of Corona, residents struggle with poor air quality, especially from spring to fall. The Air Quality Index (AQI) recommends that seniors with respiratory sensitivities avoid participating in outdoor activities.
Sales tax in Corona is 7.75 percent. This is one of the lowest sales tax rates in California, which can help offset state retirement income taxes.
- Summers are hot and muggy in Corona, with average temperatures being over 80 degrees from May until November. Winters are short and mild, allowing seniors to enjoy these months outdoors with little issue.
- Compared to the national average, California has a 52 percent higher cost of living. Corona is slightly less expensive than surrounding towns and cities, with a 10 percent lower cost of living compared to the state average.
- Corona has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Corona Senior Center, an organization that offers health and educational programs, social and recreational activities, special events and human services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corona
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Corona start around $3,197 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corona and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corona
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corona
Corona and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corona, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corona
Corona-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Corona, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corona
Review of Valencia Terrace
I will be moving into Valencia Terrace. It was quite nice or I would not have joined there. They offered housecleaning, help with medication, whatever you might need, trips to the doctor, and trips... Read more
Review of Brookdale Magnolia
My mother-in-law moved into Brookdale Magnolia several weeks ago. We're still having a few problems here and there but hopefully we'll get them resolved. I think they need more staffing for the res... Read more
Review of Valencia Terrace
I saw both assisted and independent living areas of Valencia Terrace. It was really nice and beautiful. The staff was very inviting and very warm. They knew I was coming so they were prepared for u... Read more