55 Assisted Living Facilities near Jurupa Valley, CA
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jurupa Valley area, with 1 in Jurupa Valley and 54 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jurupa Valley is $2,395 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 232 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jurupa Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jurupa Valley 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eastvale with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Jurupa Valley find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jurupa Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jurupa Valley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jurupa Valley
Recently established in 2011, Jurupa Valley is located in Riverside County, California, and is home to a little more than 100,000 residents, 9.6 percent of whom are over the age of 65. In California, assisted living facilities are officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), and while there is only one RCF located in Jurupa Valley itself, an additional 56 RCFs are located in surrounding cities such as Riverside, Eastvale and Ontario.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jurupa Valley
- Seniors can easily and safely travel throughout Jurupa Valley with the help of Metrolink Trains and Riverside Transit Agency, both of which are affordable public transportation options that offer reduced fares for seniors.
- The Jurupa Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pacific Grove Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Jurupa Valley has a comfortable climate with limited precipitation and warm winters, which makes it an attractive option for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. The city has an average low temperature in January of 42 degrees Fahrenheit, which is considerably warmer than the U.S. average of 22.6 degrees.
- Although the overall cost of living in Jurupa Valley is 53 percent higher than the national average, seniors living in the area may find themselves saving money on expenses such as healthcare, which is 16 percent lower than the national average.
- Riverside County has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Advantage, which gives seniors the opportunity to participate in recreational events and classes in the area, as well as three senior centers.
- Crime rates in the Jurupa Valley and Riverside County are a bit higher than the rest of the state, meaning that seniors living in the area may feel unsafe. Jurupa Valley's residents have a 1 in 187 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime and a 1 in 28 chance of becoming the victim of property crimes. By comparison, the average California resident has a 1 in 229 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime and a 1 in 39 chance of becoming a property crime victim.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jurupa Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Jurupa Valley start around $2,395 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jurupa Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jurupa Valley
Seniors in the Jurupa Valley area can apply for assistance under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which helps seniors pay for the cost of services provided in RCFs.
Seniors in California who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can apply for an Optional State Supplement to help with room and board expenses, which are capped by the state for SSI recipients.
Family supplementation is not allowed in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jurupa Valley
Jurupa Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jurupa Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jurupa Valley
Jurupa Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jurupa Valley
Review of Villa de Anza
Villa de Anza was more of a home setting, there was a sewing club, the library, daily outings, there's a resident counsel for the residents to decide what they're doing on their activities, and it'... Read more
Review of Villa de Anza
The people at Villa de Anza were friendly. It's not rundown, but not quite up-to-date either. The staff was nice. They have a dining room, a movie room, and a computer room. They have activities po... Read more
Review of Villa de Anza
I've been very happy with Villa de Anza. The people are always smiling, which makes me feel comfortable because it means that they are happy there and are being treated correctly. My husband's room... Read more