56 Assisted Living Facilities near Rialto, CA
There are 56 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rialto area, with 9 in Rialto and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rialto is $2,062 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 216 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rialto. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rialto 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Bernardino with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rialto, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Rialto, CA
47 Assisted Living Facilities near Rialto, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rialto
Rialto, located in San Bernadino County, California, is an inclusive community that welcomes all cultures as reflected in a variety of annual community events. The city is home to a little more than 130,000 residents, with 9.7 percent of them over the age of 65. Local seniors who are no longer independent may be interested in Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), nine of which are located in Rialto. The remaining 51 RCFs in the area are located in nearby cities and towns including Riverside, Fontana, and San Bernadino.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rialto
- Omnitrans offers seniors a safe way to travel throughout Rialto and San Bernadino County. Reduced fares are available to seniors.
- Seniors in Rialto may feel safer than those living in other parts of California because both violent and property crime rates are lower than the state average. Rialto's residents have only a 1 in 54 chance of becoming the victim of a property crime, and a 1 in 229 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime. By comparison, the average Californian has a 1 in 39 chance of becoming the victim of a property crime and a 1 in 225 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime.
- The American Lung Association has assigned a failing grade to Rialto's Ozone and Particle Pollution scores, meaning the air quality is very poor. Seniors with breathing issues or respiratory conditions may want to look for assisted living facilities in an area with healthier air.
- California doesn't tax social security income, which allows seniors living in the Rialto area to have more funds available to pay for the cost of assisted living.
- Rialto has an array of resources for seniors, including computer assistance classes that teach seniors the basics of using computers and navigating the Internet as well as one senior center.
- Although Rialto's overall cost of living is more than 30 percent above the national average, seniors may find themselves saving a lot of money on expenses such as healthcare, which is 17 percent below the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rialto
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rialto start around $2,062 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rialto and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rialto
Seniors in Rialto have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance under California's 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which pays for the cost of services provided in RCFs.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients can apply for an Optional State Supplement that can help them pay for the cost of room and board in RCFs, as well as provide them with a monthly spending allowance. RCFs are limited to what they're permitted to charge for room and board when residents are receiving SSI payments.
In California, family supplementation is not permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rialto
Rialto and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rialto, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rialto
Rialto-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rialto
Review of Dove Tree Manor
I didn't like Dove Tree Manor nor the caregivers, who looked like they're about 90 years old. The house looked OK and clean, but really dark, which bothered me. People were sitting in chairs like z... Read more
Review of Rialto Retirement Home
Rialto Assisted Living is good. The people are friendly and helpful and the staff is sincere. They're a little slow in responding to some things because they don't have a large staff, but they do r... Read more
Review of Rialto Retirement Home
Rialto Retirement Home was a fine place. The apartments are just average. Everything looked average, but it was more affordable. A lot of people were in the day room when I visited. The person who ... Read more