73 Assisted Living Facilities near Loma Linda, CA
Also serving communities of Grand Terrace.
There are 73 Assisted Living Facilities in the Loma Linda area, with 14 in Loma Linda and 59 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Loma Linda is $2,677 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include San Bernardino with an average starting cost of $2,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 235 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Loma Linda. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Loma Linda 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Bernardino with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Loma Linda find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Loma Linda, call (855) 863-8283.
14 Assisted Living Facilities in Loma Linda, CA
59 Assisted Living Facilities near Loma Linda, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Loma Linda
The city of Loma Linda, California, is known for its beautiful scenery and health-conscious lifestyle, making it a great choice for active seniors. About 16.3 percent of the 23,000 residents are aged 65 or older, and residents in need of care can choose from 14 assisted living facilities in the city or an additional 60 in surrounding areas.
In Loma Linda, like the rest of California, assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities for the elderly (RFCEs), a broad designation that also includes memory care facilities and continuing care retirement communities. These facilities are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Loma Linda
- The overall cost of living in Loma Linda is fairly high, ranking 138 compared to the U.S. average of 100. However, most of that is due to high housing costs, which may not apply to assisted living communities. Grocery costs are about average, and health spending is significantly lower than average with a score of about 83.
- Loma Linda has a mild climate with lots of sunshine. It receives only about 18 inches of rain in an average year and no snow, so inclement weather rarely keeps active seniors indoors. Summer days can be hot, with average temperatures in the mid-90s, and winters stay warm, with lows in the low 40s.
- The Loma Linda area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Loma Linda University Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who do not drive can take advantage of the excellent public transportation options in the area. OmniTrans provides bus routes throughout Loma Linda and the rest of San Bernardino County. Seniors age 62 and older are eligible for discounted OmniTrans fares.
- Loma Linda is a fairly safe community, with an overall crime rate that is 3 percent lower than the national average. Most crimes are property crimes, so seniors can generally feel safe traveling around the community. The violent crime rate is 58 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- The air quality in Loma Linda is generally poor, which may cause problems for seniors with respiratory health concerns. It has high levels of ozone and high particle pollution, and the American Lung Association gives San Bernardino County an "F" grade.
Paying for Assisted Living in Loma Linda
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Loma Linda start around $2,677 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Loma Linda and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Loma Linda
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Loma Linda
Loma Linda and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Loma Linda, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Loma Linda
Loma Linda-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Loma Linda, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Loma Linda
Review of Linda Valley Assisted Living and Memory Care
Linda Valley Assisted Living and Memory Care is very good. There's a beauty salon, physical therapy room, and opportunities for activities. They also have a dining room. The staff has been extremel... Read more
Review of Brookdale Loma Linda
Brookdale Loma Linda was very attractive. We talked to the folks there, and they were very nice. The staff was very welcoming, tried to answer our questions, and offered to evaluate our family. It ... Read more
Review of Linda Valley Assisted Living and Memory Care
Linda Valley Assisted Living and Memory Care is a fabulous facility. My mother is being well taken care of and I don't have any complaints. They have arts and crafts and they have a calendar of act... Read more