94 Assisted Living Facilities near Moreno Valley, CA
There are 94 Assisted Living Facilities in the Moreno Valley area, with 9 in Moreno Valley and 85 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Moreno Valley is $2,623 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Perris with an average starting cost of $2,195.
To help you with your search, browse the 367 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Moreno Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Moreno Valley 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Bernardino with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Moreno Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Moreno Valley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Moreno Valley
Even though it is a young city established in 1984, Moreno Valley is one of the fastest growing cities in Riverside County, California. While it's population has boomed to over 207,000, the senior group is small at 7.7 percent. Even so, there are ten assisted living communities in Moreno Valley and 53 nearby. Each facility is regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, which refers to assisted living as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Moreno Valley
- Moreno Valley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Moreno Valley Senior Community Center, a program that provides seniors with indoor and outdoor activities of daily living, fitness equipment and monthly events, as well as offering one senior center.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income other than SSI. Moreno Valley residents have a combined 7.75 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- The city of Moreno is far enough from Sacramento and other metro areas to be clear of most ozone pollutants and pollen particles for decent air quality. Occasional pollution causes hazardous conditions for hours or days outdoors, especially for seniors with respiratory problems.
- The cost of living in Monroe Valley is 28 percent less expensive than the state average. The town also has a 4 percent lower grocery tab and 8 percent decreased health bill expenses than the average California city or town. Seniors who need to be cost-friendly can find this to be an advantage.
- Monroe Valley is considered 15 percent safer than other towns and cities in the nation. Residents experience high violent and property crime rates and even higher crime per square mile. Seniors should consider their safety before moving here.
- Winters in Monroe Valley are mild with temperatures averaging between 51 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors can participate in more outdoor ADLs in comparison because of it. Summers can be excruciatingly sweltering, with temperatures reaching as high as 98 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Moreno Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Moreno Valley start around $2,623 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Moreno Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Moreno Valley
Med-Cali Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS) are the three available financial aides available to seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Moreno Valley
Moreno Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Moreno Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Moreno Valley
Moreno Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Moreno Valley, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Moreno Valley
Review of At Sunny Hills Home Care
I didn't care for At Sunny Hills Home Care. They said they try to let people do a lot for themselves, but the gate that was supposed to be secure was not secure. I didn't get to see a room because ... Read more
Review of Renaissance Village Rancho Belago
I liked Renaissance Village Rancho Belago a lot. It was close to home, it was clean, I liked the restaurant setup, and the staff was great. The staff was open, informative, upbeat, and very positiv... Read more
Review of Renaissance Village Rancho Belago
Renaissance Village Rancho Belago is a very nice and very caring community. I really enjoy it. The staff is wonderful, and they really care for their clients. My parents are very happy with the fac... Read more