64 Assisted Living Facilities near Redlands, CA
Also serving communities of Mentone.
There are 64 Assisted Living Facilities in the Redlands area, with 11 in Redlands and 53 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Redlands is $3,134 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Loma Linda with an average starting cost of $2,671.
To help you with your search, browse the 261 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Redlands. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Redlands 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Highland with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Redlands find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Redlands, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Redlands, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Redlands
Redlands, a beautiful city in southern California, has a senior population of almost to 15 percent. To support this group, there are close to to 11 assisted living facilities, with an additional 45 communities in nearby cities. In Redlands, assisted living facilities are officially known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly. They are licensed through the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Redlands
- While Redlands has hot summers, with July highs reaching the mid-90s, the city rates 86 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index. This means that overall, the city is generally comfortable all year round. The January low is 42 degrees Fahrenheit, and the city only receives two inches of snow annually.
- The air quality in Redlands is slightly higher than the national average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best, the city rates a 60.
- Redlands is an expensive place to live compared to other U.S. cities, but it is one of the more affordable options in California. Seniors can expect to pay more for groceries, healthcare and utilities than they would in cities outside of California. However, these expenses are generally more affordable in Redlands than they are in other California cities. Transportation costs are generally higher in this city than they are in other cities in the state.
- While the rate of property crime is relatively high in Redlands, rating 50.4 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, the rate of violent crime is lower than region, state and national averages.
- The Redlands area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Redlands Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Redlands has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Redlands Senior Nutrition Center, an organization that helps seniors locate congregate meal sites or home-delivery meal providers near them, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Redlands
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Redlands start around $3,134 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Redlands and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Redlands
Low-income seniors residing in Redlands may be eligible for assistance programs that can help them cover the cost of assisted living. Currently, there are two programs available: the 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver program through Medi-Cal and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Redlands
Redlands and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Redlands, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Redlands
Redlands-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Redlands, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Redlands
Review of Mission Commons
Mission Commons was really nice. The room was quite nice too. It was really a good tour, but they were a little bit more expensive than I thought. The people were very nice and informative. We were... Read more
Review of Braswell's Chateau Villa
My grandmother is now at Braswell's Chateau Villa. It's good. She has a roommate. Her room is kept clean. It is new with a new carpet. It's newly painted too. They have activities for seniors. They... Read more
Review of Mission Commons
Mission Commons is very good, nice, pleasant, and clean, but too pricey. The food is really good and they have a lot of activities, like Bingo, and exercise programs. The room I saw was very nice a... Read more