Brookdale Loma Linda

Reviews of Brookdale Loma Linda

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Loma Linda

February 21, 2021

By Cooke

Kenny was very knowledgeable of senior care in general, and he offered great advise to help our family make the right decision on choosing a facility that was right for my mother. While we did not choose Brookdale, I would recommend them to other families because of Kenny’s genuine willingness to support them during challenging times.

December 30, 2020

By disappointed in facility

Today-12/30/2020-This facility has 40 positive Covid residence, however, they have not reached out to any relatives to inform them. They took the senior citizens out of their rooms and placed them on a different floor without their stuff and Isolated them ! Their attempts to keep them safe??? When the resident calls the front desk trying to get information about the current situation - they are ignored. I have called the facility numerous times to get information and they also ignore and never return my phone calls. My mother-in-law who lives there, reports that her questions are never answered. She calls the front desk and they will tell her - oh I don’t know, we will look into it, and will get back to you, yet they never do. Also in order to get somebody to do something around there -the residents feel as if they must tip in order to get their request met. The residences pay $3200 a month for a bedroom and services.Please Do not place your relative there- they’re awful and do not care about the clients or relatives concerns. As soon as possible, we will be finding a suitable and appropriate resident for my mother-in-law.By the way Lucy ——who is the director —-she does not return phone calls yet-when we toured the facility -she displayed a caring attitude yet after my my-mother-in-law was placed and they took her money -Lucy ignores you. Very unprofessional Lucy!!🤬🤬🤬 Also the Residence —report people move in and move out - right away -save your money- look elsewhere !!! please do your relatives a favor.

December 04, 2020

By Tina

My mother-in-law was in Brookdale Loma Linda. She was very unhappy there. We thought it was a great facility; however, it was farther away from all of her children. I think that's why she kept saying she was unhappy. However, their food was excellent, and the facility took care of her. They had the typical activities that some of the places had. They were right on top of it and they took care of it. Other than the director, who was very unable to reach, the staff that took care of her was excellent. Every time I ate there the food was excellent. The dining area was large because it was a large facility. However, all of the residents' rooms were not set up for wheelchairs, therefore you're crashing into a lot of walls and causing damage. She couldn't even use her bathroom because her wheelchair wouldn't go in enough. They had activities up until COVID. Everything got cut back to pretty much bingo, so that's about it.

September 25, 2020

By Virginia

My husband moved into Brookdale Loma Linda two weeks ago and I took him out last Sunday, so he was there less than two weeks. I will never ever recommend this facility to anybody. It was absolutely a disaster. He fell down every single day. They were promising so many things. They came to my house, they evaluated him and they said they could check on him. I told them he's got Parkinson, they said they're going to check on him every 50 minutes and then they're going to exercise him every day. He didn't do none of this. They said that they're going to give him a shower twice a week; they didn't do nothing. Nothing of that. He fell down every single day, sometimes twice a day. On Saturday, he fell down and he hit his head so that he had to go to the hospital. I stayed with him all day in the hospital and after that, I took him home. I'm not going to wait for something to happen to him or he dies or something because of their neglect. They were neglecting him completely. They gave him a button that he was wearing on his neck and he was pressing it sometimes. He said he had to wait an hour, so a few times he peed on himself because he couldn't get to the restroom, and they were mean to him. It's completely unprofessional, and I'm disgusted. Actually I talked to them on Tuesday because Monday was a holiday and I let them know because I still have to resolve the bill situation. They said they're going to call me back and today is the end of Thursday because it's 5 p.m. and they still didn't call me back. Also I was very upset because they didn't even call to check if my husband is OK. He hit his head, and he had to go to the hospital. I took pictures. I have pictures of his arms and his knees. He got bruises I don't know from what. Well, knees I know are from falling but his arms, I don't know why his arms were so scratched up and bruised and had blood all over. I told them I took pictures and that it was like two days later because I can't see him every day, you have to make an appointment because of the COVID, so I couldn't see him. That was like two days late. I can't imagine how they looked when they were fresh, and nobody even called to check if he's OK or if he's still alive, still nobody even called. I will never recommend this to anybody. He didn't exercise, he stayed in his room, nobody was checking up on him. They were only bringing him his pills if they did, I wanted to believe that they did, and food, and that's it. He didn't like the food, but that might be a personal thing. He said a few times they didn't bring him a fork or a spoon, so he had to eat with his hands. I can't tell you about the facility because of COVID, so I didn't see it. For now, I paid $4046 just for him to stay there and they sent me right now bills for $1800 I don't know for what because it doesn't say on the bill what is that for, and he was over there for less than two weeks. It's almost $6000 for less than two weeks. He can go to the best hotel, have a private valet and room service and be better treated than over there. It's way too expensive. First of all, they should change the staff. They should have people who care. If you find people like that and you're going to have a heart, then they're going to have a good crew, but if they're going to continue with the people they have right now, it's not going to happen. I'm waiting for them to call, nobody called me. If they won't call me tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, they don't work, I'm going to call over there Monday and we will see because I'm not going to pay the bill that they sent me for $1800 and they didn't even say for what. I will look but I'm going to look by myself because they were promising me everything. They came to my house a few times, they knew my husband, they knew what he can and he cannot do and they were telling me that they care better for him than I can, and in less than two weeks, they destroyed everything. He was so dehydrated because he was scared to drink water, so he didn't have to go to the bathroom because he knew nobody was going to come and help him. Like mentally, that's abuse, that's elderly abuse the way I see it.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are aware you have had the opportunity to speak with our District Director of Operations. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

March 24, 2020

By Karen

Brookdale Loma Linda was a very nice place for my husband. I was very impressed with everything. However, I never had a chance to see a room because they didn't have it ready. Well, the place was very open and friendly. They had activities going on for the people. The dining room was open, very nice and clean. They also had bingo and blind dancing. I came on a Sunday and there were people waiting to be picked up to go to church. On Friday night, they would hold a little service for the residents, too. The staff who helped me was friendly. When he found out my husband had passed away, he called, too. He didn't have to do that. He was a very good salesman. He sold the place to me and he was very helpful. The place was very clean.

July 04, 2019

By Darlene

Brookdale Loma Linda was very attractive. We talked to the folks there, and they were very nice. The staff was very welcoming, tried to answer our questions, and offered to evaluate our family. It was very clean.

January 06, 2019

By TH

We toured Brookdale Loma Linda. The space they showed us was bigger and more expensive, so that was one problem. It looked clean and nice. The person who gave us a tour was very nice. She picked us up, she gave us a ride, and she showed us around. The community had some nice features, but it didn't quite click for us. Also, Loma Linda was very far out. They had a few throw-away vegetarian options like egg salad and a tofu hotdog, but I wasn't that impressed with their vegetarian fare. It was rudimentary; it didn't have much sophistication.

July 30, 2017

By dmark325

First of all I walked in and no one greeted me. The lady sales coordinator had an attitude and kept rolling her eyes. People like this should not be around the elderly population. We took a tour and we found that a lot of workers like to hug other team members. This was not professional at all. It's like a place where people go to hand out with each other and not do what's important which is working and being attentive to resident needs. I will not be taking my grandma here.

May 10, 2016

By Tina44

Brookdale Loma Linda was OK, but I didn't like the way the rooms were set up. It's not a bad place; I was just comparing it to another facility I liked. The grounds were nice and presentable, but it is not the place where I would put my mom.

February 09, 2016

By John116303350

The people who showed us Brookdale Loma Linda were very pleasant, and helpful. The facility is a nice, and large place. The room we saw was clean, new, and comfortable. The facility seemed to be well-managed, and professionally-run.

July 13, 2015

Brookdale Loma Linda was very nice. The rooms were nice, but they didn't have the size of room that we would have needed at that time, and it was a little pricier than the other facility.

May 12, 2015

By Cathy106725950

My visit to Brookdale Loma Linda is very nice. Their apartment was setup were they had the center bedroom from your living room and the kitchenette. It is a big facility, and they both have assisted and independent living. It is very clean. The staff is great, and we would have been comfortable with my mother-in-law staying there. We really thought that they cared about their clients.

May 08, 2015

By David106665250

Brookdale is a little older, but I think it has been pretty well kept. I do know that before my sister moves into their facility, the room that she will move into will be totally refurbished and very nice. She's very happy there, and she has commented a number of times that the food service there is excellent too. It is multi-level.

February 25, 2015

I liked Emeritus at Loma Linda. I liked the location; it was perfect for me in proximity to my work where I would be able to see her frequently. I liked the 1-bedroom apartment with a walk-in closet because she has a lot of stuff. I liked the activities that they have since they have a lot of things that my mom would be interested in. If I was to move her, I would probably consider putting her in an assisted living. They said that they could have one of the nurses from the company to assess her. The staff was very helpful, nice, and very professional. The dining area was nice too. They have five sitting at the table, and the menu looked nice. The facility looked clean to me.

February 22, 2015

Brookdale Loma Linda was OK, but it was a little older than I expected. The place is OK. The people working there were fine. They were nice and courteous. They knew everything, and they responded well to every question I got. It is nice, and it has everything like a workout place.

February 10, 2015

We decided to just to leave my mother-in-law where she is because no matter where we put her, there's something wrong with the place. Brookdale Loma Linda is a place we chose for her a year ago, and we are not very happy at all. About a month ago, she kept complaining about not getting her clothes back. I'm constantly going in and cleaning up her closet. This time I check. and a third of the clothes out of the closet. None of them had a name on it, and not all of the clothes were hers. So I took it to the office, and they gave me all these excuses. That is not a thing we can't fix. What bothers me is she would call for help, and they don't come for 45 minutes to an hour. By then, she already wet herself. That's what we are paying them for: help her with the bathroom, help her get dress, and help her take a shower. She constantly has her personal items missing all the time. It's degrading to have her go through that. It is two rooms, and they share a kitchen. Unfortunately this particular roommate just thinks she owns the place. They don't give them a lot of food to eat which probably doesn't help. She mostly stays in her room and doesn't socialize at all. They have activities, but she doesn't join them. I see the people listening to music and playing games, but she just doesn't go.

November 11, 2014

By Lovely Lady5

Emeritus was very good; I liked it. It was just out of our price range. It was very nice and very clean. The rooms seemed very large. The people were all very friendly. The staff and the residents seemed very happy.

April 11, 2014

By Beverly35

I think that the staff at Emeritus is very professional. I like them. They had a lot of different activities for the residents. Very beautiful dining room. If your family got together, they could come and eat with their relatives. The rooms are very nice. My brother has his own little studio. It's very nice, very roomy, and very clean. He's in a nice area by the library. It has everything that we wanted.

March 26, 2014

Emeritus at Loma Linda invited us for lunch, but mom didn’t care for that at all. When we went there, the facility is nice. We were able to see their apartment and it was nice. Also when we went there, they had a musical event going on and a lot of the residents were in their big lobby. The staff were very nice and very informative. She didn’t like the crowded dining room when we went there, but she enjoyed the music. I think the facility is for people who are up and about, but not for my mother who is sometimes confused.

November 20, 2013

The apartments in Emeritus Loma Linda were very nice, spacious and roomy. The most important of all was that the people were very nice and accommodating.

October 15, 2013

It was an older facility with an older building. Though the public areas seemed to be impersonal, they do take care of their rooms. Their staff seemed congenial. However, they needed to update their facility. I would recommend Emeritus to others.

September 26, 2013

By Paula16

I really like Emeritus Loma Linda and if I could I would live there. The facility is great. It's clean, bright, and cheery. There's a lot of light and the people were nice. A lot of people were out and a lot of activities going on. The staff was very friendly, very courteous, very polite, they do more for you, and they were there all the time. The rooms were nice. The food was good. This would be the one that I would want to live in.

July 29, 2013

By Mary65128550

I am at Emeritus at Loma Linda. Everything seems to be just fine.

July 12, 2013

By Betty29

I thought Emeritus at Loma Linda is a good facility. It was going to be our second choice for my father. It was clean and it seemed to be well-staffed. I was impressed with this facility. We were there during their dining time and the clients seemed to be happy with their meals. However, they did not have the level of service that we needed for my dad.

June 29, 2013

By Caring1938

I had a tour at Emeritus at Loma Linda and the place seemed nice. The apartments are nice and the place is very clean. The staff were also very nice. I noticed that they have exercises and I can see that the residents are well taken care of.

June 28, 2013

By Erika1

We liked Emeritus at Loma Linda. Their dining hall was very nice. The staff was very helpful. They worked together. I also liked the security that they had for the people. They were great.

June 25, 2013

By Marylou1

The people were very nice at Emeritus at Loma Linda. They showed me around. The only problem was that the halls were a little bit too narrow and my power wheel chair couldn't pass through. It also seemed a little bit dark although they had lights on and I couldn't go to the bathroom because the doorway was not wide enough.

May 31, 2013

By Victor2

Emeritus was fantastic. The people were really nice and very friendly. They answered all my questions and checked back with me a couple of times to make sure everything was alright. I did not look at the apartments but just from the main lobby you could tell that it was really well-kept. It just seemed a very nice place, the residents there are just hanging out, eating ice cream and talking. It was really nice and calm. They offer a lot of activities like bingo nights and I think senior aerobics.

November 19, 2012

By oldiesmom

Facility was clean, food was more than adequate, nursing staff was friendly, but not always attentive. Cost was fairly high, but manageable. Head management was not always easy to deal with, and medications were not always dispersed on time or properly. Have recently made some improvements to faculty and procedures, so things are much better.

September 06, 2012

By NancyH1

My friend put a deposit in, but she changed her mind and didn't moved in. So she's still in her home bored to death because she can't go anywhere. We were quite happy with the information we got. Everybody we talked to was fine. It's just she backed out. Although, I think the reason she liked Emeritus Senior Living is because the decor was dark rather than bright and light. It was cozier since the decor was darker. The residents seem to be happy. It was clean. We tasted the food and we ate well. I didn't notice anything that would cause any worry or wonder about the situation.

Photos of Brookdale Loma Linda

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Loma Linda

• Companion Suites: No

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Loma Linda

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Loma Linda