8 Assisted Living Facilities near Yucca Valley, CA
Also serving communities of Joshua Tree, Twentynine Palms.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yucca Valley area, with 6 in Yucca Valley and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yucca Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yucca Valley 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Desert Hot Springs with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yucca Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Yucca Valley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yucca Valley
Yucca Valley sits on the edge of the High Desert to the east of the Los Angeles area, just west of Twentynine Palms in the vast Morongo Basin. Just under 20,000 people live in Yucca Valley, 19.3 percent of them seniors aged 65 and over, where eight assisted living facilities provide safe and comfortable independent living for Yucca Valley's seniors.
Like all of California's residential care facilities, Yucca Valley's assisted living communities are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yucca Valley
- The climate in Yucca Valley is very dry and hot, with summer and fall dust that can aggravate the COPD and asthma of many seniors. Summer highs average 103 in July, and lows drop to only 44 degrees in December. Yucca Valley sees only around 4.4 inches of rain in a typical year.
- Yucca Valley's cost of living is almost exactly in line with the national average. Expenses here average only 2 percent above the national average, which is significantly below the rest of the state of California, which costs 69 percent more than the national average. In some areas, Yucca Valley is even more affordable. Healthcare in Yucca Valley is 17 percent less expensive than it is across the rest of the country.
- Crime rates in Yucca Valley are relatively low. In all categories of crime combined, Yucca Valley has 30 percent lower crime than the national average, with even lower rates of violent crime.
- Transportation in Yucca Valley is provided by the Morongo Basin Transit Authority (MTBA). This service operates bus lines to Twentynine Palms and surrounding communities. Seniors ride MTBA buses at a discount with valid ID, and dial-a-ride services are available for mobility-impaired riders if booked in advance.
- The Yucca Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Hi-Desert Medical Center and Bear Valley Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Yucca Valley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), an organization that helps seniors pay the cost of an in-home caregiver who can help out with routine chores, as well as over half a dozen senior centers a few miles to the west of the hills.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yucca Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Yucca Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yucca Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yucca Valley
Yucca Valley is a community in San Bernardino County, which is one of 15 counties in the state to participate in California's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program. This waiver helps low-income seniors in Yucca Valley pay some or all of the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yucca Valley
Yucca Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yucca Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yucca Valley
Yucca Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Yucca Valley, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yucca Valley
Review of Santa Fe Assisted Living
Santa Fe Assisted Living was extremely nice. Everybody was very friendly. The apartment was nice, very clean, and homey. The dining area was nice as well, clean and tidy, welcoming, and homey. Peop... Read more
Review of Santa Fe Assisted Living
My father is in Braswell's Santa Fe Assisted Living. His room is clean, but the place smells like urine each time I have gone in there. They need more workers. I've only seen one nurse running arou... Read more
Review of Angelic Mansions Assisted Living
My wife is in Angelic Mansions. It's run like a prison but in a very professional way. When I went to see them, everybody sat at the table to eat together and chitchat. They were very nice and will... Read more