54 Assisted Living Facilities near Cathedral City, CA
Also serving communities of Sky Valley.
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cathedral City area, with 17 in Cathedral City and 37 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cathedral City is $3,550 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Palm Springs with an average starting cost of $2,959.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cathedral City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cathedral City 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cathedral City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cathedral City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cathedral City
Cathedral City, California, population 53, 268, is one of nine cities located in the Coachella Valley in Southern California. In Cathedral City and other cities in the state of California, assisted living facilities (ALFs) are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. They are regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association (CALA). There are 62 assisted living facilities in the Cathedral City area. 17 of these facilities are in Cathedral City itself, and 45 are in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cathedral City
- The Cathedral City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Desert Family Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Cathedral City, California is a few points higher than the national average. This could be of concern to seniors living on a fixed income.
- The crime rate in Cathedral City is much lower than the national average, as well as the average in California as a whole. This means that Cathedral City could statistically be considered a safer place for seniors to live than surrounding areas.
- The weather in Cathedral City is not ideal for seniors during certain parts of the year. While the winter months stay a pleasant 70 degrees, the highs in many of the spring and summer months average over 105 degrees, which could be hazardous to one's health.
- The air quality in Cathedral City, California is poor. It is 70 percent worse than the national average, with a pollution level that is over 500 percent worse than the rest of the country. This is not good for seniors who experience respiratory problems such as lung cancer or asthma.
- Cathedral City has many options available for seniors who enjoy art and culture. A few of these options include visual art exhibits, book readings by famous authors, and community theater.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cathedral City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Cathedral City start around $3,550 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cathedral City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cathedral City
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living through programs like Medi-Cal (California Medicaid). Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility rather than in a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cathedral City
Cathedral City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cathedral City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cathedral City
Cathedral City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cathedral City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cathedral City
Review of Desert Queen Senior Home Care
Well maintained home with one large room my parents shared with a private bathroom. Caring, well-trained staff who were attentive and good cooks. Parents exercised and played cards with other res... Read more
Review of Accent Loving Personal Care
I find this facility to be a very caring and loving place for your loved one whom you cannot take care of on your own. They have excellent home made food which I enjoyed twice, just because it was... Read more
Review of Golden Years Home Care I
My sister feels very comfortable at Golden Years Home Care because they are very good to her. The place is very clean. They cook her meals, do her laundry, and take her to doctors' appointments. Th... Read more