48 Assisted Living Facilities near Rancho Mirage, CA
There are 48 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rancho Mirage area, with 7 in Rancho Mirage and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rancho Mirage is $3,198 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include La Quinta with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 178 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rancho Mirage. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rancho Mirage 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Palm Desert with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Rancho Mirage find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rancho Mirage, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rancho Mirage, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage ranks among the best places to retire near Palm Springs. Situated in the Coachella Valley, the city may beguile seniors with its mild winters, picturesque streets lined with palm trees, and The River, which is a waterfront shopping and entertainment district.
More than one-half of the city's estimated 18,306 residents are age 65 or older, and there are six assisted living communities available to serve them within the city limits. Another 45 assisted living options, formally known in California as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs), can be found in neighboring towns.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rancho Mirage
- Comparing Rancho Mirage's living costs to national and state averages may give seniors the information they need to budget for assisted living. Although Rancho Mirage's cost of living is 58.8 percent higher than the U.S. average, it is about 10 percent lower than the California state average.
- The Rancho Mirage area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Eisenhower Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Exploring Rancho Mirage is easy thanks to its convenient public transportation system, which includes demand-response services for seniors and disabled passengers.
- Seniors in Rancho Mirage may enjoy the city's year-round climate, which is generally comfortable, although summers can be hot, with annual high temperatures in July reaching an average of 107 degrees.
- There are countless things for seniors to do and see in Rancho Mirage. The area offers beautiful parks and golf courses, as well as The River, which is home to a variety of eateries and shops. Seniors can check with prospective assisted living facilities to see what outings they offer.
- The Rancho Mirage area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Riverside County Office on Aging, an organization that provides information and services for aging adults, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rancho Mirage
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rancho Mirage start around $3,178 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rancho Mirage and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rancho Mirage
Many seniors, especially those on fixed incomes, may worry about how they will afford assisted living. In Rancho Mirage, seniors may be eligible to receive help paying for assisted living services through California’s Assisted Living Waiver Program. Seniors with Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may also qualify for assistance through California's Optional State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rancho Mirage, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rancho Mirage
Rancho Mirage-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Rancho Mirage, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rancho Mirage
Review of Brookdale Mirage Inn
We have moved into Brookdale Mirage Inn. We like it very much. They've been very nice. I have to say that I like it a lot. They've all been very, very nice, extremely polite, and willing to help wi... Read more
Review of Rancho Mirage Terrace
Rancho Mirage Terrace was a relatively new facility. It is very clean and very nice. It is private pay. They have memory care, and they have different stages depending on how serious you are. It is... Read more
Review of Brookdale Mirage Inn
My mom is in Brookdale Mirage Inn. Where she is, they provide assistance to her and it's an ala carte kind of thing; depending on what level of care she needs. She is comfortable and she knows the ... Read more