Atria Palm Desert

Reviews of Atria Palm Desert

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Palm Desert

May 27, 2021

By Elaine

My mom moved into her apartment here a few months ago. She is so happy there!! The staff is so amazing! They truly care about each and every resident. The Activities Director goes above and beyond his job to make everyone smile. I feel so comfortable knowing my mom safe and well taken care of at Atria Palm Desert!

Hi Elaine, Your compliments are a highlight for our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

April 15, 2021

By Tony

My overall experience at Atria Palm Desert was great. It was the best value and the biggest room for the money. It was the best one I looked at. I thought it was a great value, I just haven't completely got it all figured out yet. The staff was great, the whole experience was good, and the amenities were nice. It was in a good location, it was convenient, and it was really good.

Thanks for sharing your kind compliments of our team, Tony. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience.

September 16, 2020

By M.T.

My brother moved into Atria Palm Desert. It was easy working with them, they had everything all set up for us, and it's a nice place. The staff is excellent, and I'm getting updates when I need them. It's a one-bedroom apartment, but I think they have studios, and also two-bedrooms. Their three meals are delivered to their rooms, plus snacks and drinks throughout the day. They're doing the best they can, they keep you informed, and stuff, they test the residents three times a day for temperature, they do periodic testing, and they test the staff. They had a couple of cases with the staff, but they haven't had any new cases in over a week, so they keep on top of it.

We're thrilled to welcome your brother and your family to the Atria Palm Desert family. Our staff takes pride in delivering quality service, and we are happy to serve your brother.

May 20, 2019

By LL

Atria Palm Desert felt more like a home rather than a hotel or an apartment building. The atmosphere was inviting. The services offered were very good. They're very cooperative. They have a hairdresser, a salon for the ladies, a pool, exercise programs, aquatic exercises, excellent meals, and their clients are able to eat any time of day. They have housecleaning every unit once a week including washing of all bed linens. They have beautiful laundromats or they may pay $10 to get their personal laundry done. The facility was very clean, it's got very nice ambience, and it's well kept up. The landscaping and the grounds were well done. They know all their clientele by name and they're constantly looking out for them. I'm very pleased with everything. The dining room has white linen for dinner and breakfast. They have menus published and given to each residents a week in advance and they have special things for Mother's Day.

Thank you for visiting us at Atria Palm Desert. It is our pleasure to serve our residents and their families each day with exceptional service.

November 16, 2018

By LovedOne11

I liked Atria Palm Desert a lot. They were really helpful with the insurance. I liked the space for my dad. It was smaller, which was nice, so he could find his way around better. The floor plan worked for us. It was the one place that I took him and he really liked it. He likes seeing movies and he likes music. It's very expensive, but it's covered by his insurance. It's one of the best places. His needs are cared for and it's smaller. He has dementia, so it's really good for him that way. They could just have more services for folks and they could help them out a little more.

July 17, 2017

By Charles

Atria Palm Desert was very nice. If I were going to a home, that's the place I would be going to. It was clean and well-staffed. They have just about everything a person would want. Also they have free transportation to appointments.

November 19, 2016

By Georgina381171

Atria Palm Desert was absolutely gorgeous, but it was outside of my range. It was beautiful, and it looks more upscale and came with a much more upscale price. It is pricier, and you have to pay for everything. The rooms are lovely and really nice, and the place looks more modern.

May 10, 2016

By Caring FriendINIBN

Everything was excellent at Atria Palm Desert. They were very attentive and showed us everything. We chose a studio apartment with a bathroom for my friend. They have a common dining room, and the food ranges from good to excellent. They have field trips, games, and entertainment. There's always something going on.

December 01, 2015

By Hazel1295

The community is beautiful, the apartments very nice. Mom has met some nice residents, and the employees seem to care about them. Lots of activities. The dining room is light and inviting, but it's hit and miss with the food & specials, and if the dining room is short-staffed, no white linens for dinner! Unfortunate for your guests after you describe how nice it looks. Management does not seem to like to deal with issues. The buck gets passed. They cannot keep a driver, so hard for residents to access appointments. A lot of money for just a nice apartment and activitiies.

Hello, Hazel. Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback with me. I’m concerned about some of your comments and want to know more so I can help. If you’re willing to share more about your experience please contact me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

November 15, 2015

My parents are moving into Atria Palm Desert. It’s totally updated and spotlessly clean. They have a restaurant instead of a dining hall and a lot of employees. The rooms are one-bedrooms on a single story. There are a lot of inside activities, plus a pool and a barbecue area. It’s like an apartment building with services; it’s just really nice. The staff has been there a long time; I know because I’ve seen them there for years. They’re friendly, professional, and very resident-oriented.

September 07, 2015

I visited Atria Palm Desert. The staff was very helpful, conscientious, and energetic. They had a lot of recreational activities. They do group things together. The people were quite mobile. I would recommend it to others.

July 12, 2015

By Minnie5

My mother-in-law has been at the Atria a little over a month. She is in a 1-bedroom apartment with a little patio so she can have the dog. Everything seems to be running quite smoothly. The staff is very friendly and seems to know what they’re doing. They have different levels of assistance. They do have quite a few activities that the residents can participate in.

February 10, 2015

By David101832350

I liked Atria Palm Desert the most among the facilities I had visited. It did not look like an assisted living facility. They had a very heavy classic feel with lots of floral patterns and heavy wooden furniture everywhere. It was certainly bright. One of the things I liked the most about it was the dining style. The staff that accommodated me was very professional, very friendly, and very helpful. I liked her.

February 02, 2015

By Martha41

To me, Atria Palm Desert was very nice. It was the best because of the cruise ship atmosphere and the restaurant. I loved it. The staff seemed fantastic, and they seemed to have a nice rapport with all the residents. It looked more upscale. I think it was one of the most expensive facilities. People were dressed really nicely. They had a courtyard, and they had some very nice rooms. What stood out to me was the dining room.

October 16, 2014

Dad is very happy at Atria Palm Desert and so we are very good with that. We like everything about the place. The facility's cleanliness is fabulous. His room has a patio and overlooks a swimming pool, and it's very nice. I have had lunch there and the food is fabulous. The staff are great and they treat my dad really nicely and he likes everybody. It's a very good experience.

October 07, 2014

I was impressed with the Atria Palm Desert. It was clean, the residents seemed happy and well-cared for, the food smelled delicious, and the little apartments were pretty spacious. I actually liked it a lot. It probably would have been my first choice, but my parents liked the other facility better. It is a very nice place, and I can say nothing wrong about it. Like I said, the residents all seemed happy, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

August 28, 2014

By Linda90289650

My mother will be moving in to Atria Palm Desert on September. It is a combination of assisted living and senior living all in one building. She will have a small patio and she can have some plants out around her patio, so she can be outside as well as mix with people who may be not quite so far along with their memory problem. Regarding the staff, I dealt primarily with Kelly and she has been wonderful. She has continued to follow up with me on a regular basis. I also met with the executive director. They were very all very accommodating and very warm. They really helped make it an easy choice.

January 31, 2014

By Elsie3

I really like Atria Palm Desert. I could picture my aunt and her little dog being happy there. It’s a smaller facility. They only have 77 units. They have outdoor patio and it's just one level. All the personnel were very professionally polite and the people who works there most of them have been there for 12 years or 20 years, very good longevity with staff. They have heated arthritic pool with hydrotherapy classes three times a week and they also have a restaurant service for the meals. Their location is also very good; very close to shopping and to restaurants. It's directly across the street of a very nice senior center. The visit was excellent.

August 18, 2011

By OrangeCountySocialWorker

My mother moved into the independent living part of Atria Palm Desert about a year ago. (They also offer assisted living, skilled nursing, and memory care.) It was an emotional thing for all of us. But they made the whole process much easier than it might have been "“ they were very accommodating to my mom -- and she's happy there. It's a beautifully decorated facility, and the grounds are lovely, too: lush, well maintained. It's elegant, top of the line. They have 1 or 2 bedroom apartments with large walk-in closets and a full kitchen. For my taste, the hallways are a little on the cold side. They have that sterile, hotel-like feel"”not homey. But everything about it feels elegant to my mom. And she's the one who lives there. The staff is very accommodating, caring, friendly, hospitable. They really make an effort to get to know the residents and the families. And the administration is very committed to quality. The location is mostly good. It's in Palm Desert, about 200 miles east of L.A., across the street from a shopping mall and restaurants and right next door to a Walgreens pharmacy. But it's also close to heavily trafficked Highway 11, and it can be noisy. Other pros: - The food is very good. And they have their own bar and cocktail lounge. For the Kentucky Derby, everyone in there had their hats on, absolutely loving it. They have so many activities. That's one their big plusses, and everybody just loves that about the place. They have cooking classes, a movie theater, computer classes aerobics, tai chi, pilates. Cons: - They should play music in the dining room. It's too quiet. There should be something more going on than just a bunch of people sitting and eating. They need more ambiance. I've looked at other independent living facilities, and this is the nicest I've seen.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Palm Desert

June 29, 2016

By Meg438644

We went to Atria Palm Desert yesterday. I liked it because it was a smaller place all on one level. The place had just been remodeled and repainted. It was very nice. They had a lot of open windows and space and a nice garden. The staff was friendly, and the place was clean. The dining area was OK.

September 14, 2013

I visited Atria Palm Desert and it was first class. My initial reaction was very positive and it was a very attractive facility. It was just not what I wanted because I was happy at home. And besides, my dogs did not have any place to play there.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found our community to be welcoming, and I would like to address your concern about outdoor space for your pets. Our residents who have dogs typically walk them several times a day, enjoying a grassy area along the way for necessity and play. There is also a park nearby to provide a change of scenery. If we can be of further assistance to you now or in the future, please let us know. You can always contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com with any questions or concerns (please be sure to include the Atria community name in the subject line).

Costs for Atria Palm Desert

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: 336400954

• Get Costs

About Atria Palm Desert

Atria Palm Desert is a stylish pet-friendly independent and assisted living community just minutes from the exclusive boutiques, restaurants and galleries of El Paseo Drive. Featuring stunning mountain views, a heated pool, delicious meals served restaurant-style daily, and an exquisite barbecue area, our community offers many opportunities for staying active. The intimate layout of our community allows us to focus on each resident's interests and encourages more conversations with neighbors and staff. Visit us today for a tour.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

All of our apartments have patios - We offer over 200 activities every month - Our Chef is the former personal chef of First Lady Betty Ford

Map of Atria Palm Desert