33 Assisted Living Facilities near Indio, CA
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Indio area, with 9 in Indio and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Indio is $2,700 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include La Quinta with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 110 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Indio. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Indio 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include La Quinta with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Indio, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Indio, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Indio
Indio is an oasis located deep in the heart of Southern California's scenic Palm Desert. Situated in a narrow corridor between the San Bernardino and Joshua Tree National Forests, Indio has a population of 90,000 people, 16.6 percent of whom are seniors aged 65 and over. Seniors in Indio have a choice between eight assisted living facilities in and around the city to provide independent, safe and comfortable accommodations.
Assisted living communities in Indio, like those located elsewhere in the state, are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Indio
- The weather in Indio is very hot and extremely dry. Summer highs in Indio average at least 107 degrees, while overnight lows in winter rarely dip below 45 degrees. In a normal year, Indio gets just 3.5 inches of rain, while California's frequent drought schedule sometimes reduces even that small amount. Seniors in Indio who have asthma or COPD might have issues with the regular dust clouds that blow in from the desert beyond Indio's city limits.
- The cost of living in Indio is higher than the national average, but well below California's general cost of living. Seniors who live in Indio pay roughly 18 percent more than the national average for all expenses combined. Healthcare is more affordable. Seniors in Indio pay an average of 17 percent less than the typical national rate for medical care.
Crime rates in Indio are high by national standards. Rates for all crimes combined hover around 25 percent above the national average. Most of the crime rate in Indio is property related, such as theft. Violent crime is less common though, with rates close to the national median.
- Public transportation in Indio is run by the SunLine Transit Agency. Seniors age 60 and over get half off on scheduled fares, and taxi vouchers are available through the agency for seniors and mobility-impaired riders who need curb-to-curb service outside the regularly scheduled bus routes.
- The Indio area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital and Eisenhower Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Indio has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Riverside County Office on Aging, an organization that connects seniors and caregivers with respite care and transportation reimbursement vouchers, as well as more than four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Indio
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Indio start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Indio and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Indio
Seniors in Indio benefit from living in Riverside County, one of 15 counties where seniors can apply for the Assisted Living Waiver. This waiver is part of Medi-Cal and helps seniors pay for services received in assisted living facilities but not room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Indio
Indio and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Indio, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Indio Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Indio
Indio-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Indio, CA
Other Options in Indio, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Indio
Review of Desert Cottages II
My father stayed at Desert Cottages. It was a private home, it was well-kept, and well-maintained. Liz was the administrator, and she was really good. They've had no COVID outbreaks, and no confirm... Read more
Review of Loving Care Assisted Living
My mother in law was in Loving Care Assisted Living. They werent keeping correct logs on medication, they werent giving her medication, and she had 3 really bad diabetic episodes. The place is ni... Read more
Review of Four Seasons Elderly Care Home, Inc.
Four Seasons was very nice and spacious. Nice people, but my husband is a lot more active than the residents they have there, so he would not be a good fit. They were very knowledgeable, and they s... Read more